PDA

View Full Version : Interoceptive Exposure

insideout20
09-02-17, 10:06
Has anyone tried this ?

where you have different excercises to bring on a panic attack so eventually you wont have them ?

Clydesdale Epona
09-02-17, 10:17
My sister tried it, she still has them on occasion nowadays but when she gets them she doesn't pass out anymore because she's built up a tolerance :)

All the best x

insideout20
09-02-17, 10:25
she used to pass out from a panic attack ? thats unusual

Clydesdale Epona
09-02-17, 10:30
We both do(if its really bad)
Panic attacks are generally okay but if either of us have a particularly bad one the dizziness/heart palpitations can make us pass out x

insideout20
09-02-17, 10:32
oh man thats horrible, i am sorry to hear that, i have never known of anyone passing out during an attack

how long have you suffered ? have you ever been symptom free /

i was for 6-7 years but now its all come back

Clydesdale Epona
09-02-17, 10:39
I used to have mini panic attacks in my childhood years(started about 10 when I became very agoraphobic thanks to my social anxiety) over the years it was hit or miss I'd occasionally get anxiety attacks but I could fight them off, I only really get full blown panic attacks in very scary situations like when I'm getting hospital tests, when the police knocked on my door about my dad on Monday, and mid last year over some extreme personal issues I had two ones that made me almost pass out.
I can be symptom free for a long time pr short time depending on what I have on, I have a hospital test on the 3rd which is when I'll probably have another bad one, they're usually all the over place x