PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out again oral cancer!, Unable to even function

Lockey1995
09-02-17, 22:05
Hey,

So I've done well untill now and I'm literally trembling in fear :( unable to think straight or anything idk how long this has been here for i think maybe last monday but I can't remember :( anyway when walking to the dog I felt a little bump on my hard palate just right of the middle and i looked it's like a white little bump with little tiny red spots near it!!!!.

Anyway i scratched it and probably have done twice since and I thought it was food or something there at first as i felt it after eating with my tongue but when i scratch it it's usually flatter or gone completely it doesn't bleed or anything like that when scratched although if it was just a sore could scratching it stop it from healing, i thought if you scratched it it'd go.

About 2 days later or after eating it comes back!!!! surely this is not a good sign and I don't know how long it's been there for because my mind is totally scrambled :( I've just scratched it off again now It doesn't feel as much as a bump now smooth but it'll probably come back.

Apparently someone had a small lump left it a year and it was cancer and it didn't even grow and younger people can get it too. I'm absolutely freaking out there's also a little bit of white at the back of my mouth too but idk if that's normal.#

I'd say size wise it's not even 1mm

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

Anyone? I don't think it's caused by food either i do have some hot foods every now and then but surely if it was a burn it would've gone by now

Phuzella
09-02-17, 22:09
Stop scratching it

Thomson2002
09-02-17, 22:23
You said it went away for a couple of days?? Cancer doesn't go away it just stays.

Lockey1995
09-02-17, 22:26
No I could still feel it a bit but it's grown back also on the left side of my cheek near the top there's a little bit of like an ulcer or something basically a raised red area which is scaring me aswell :(

Kate10
09-02-17, 22:51
Food allergies can cause some sores in the mouth, as well as eating something hot even if you don't feel like it is a burn. If you are very worried about it, you can schedule an appointment with your dentist and they can check it quickly and let you know what it looks like. There is also a test with a special light that most dentists are using here in the states that can spot precancerous lesions/cells as well. I wouldn't freak out if you just noticed this. If I were you I would be doing salt swishes to help healing and make the appointment, so if it doesn't heal by the appointment you can go in. i get cuts and sores in my mouth all the time and they always heal, sometimes longer than others.

Lockey1995
09-02-17, 22:52
I guess but it's just scaring the daylights out of me again :( I've done nothing all day and wasted my day due to fear.

Kate10
09-02-17, 22:56
yea I was like that yesterday, but i managed to workout - go for a run!!!

Lockey1995
09-02-17, 23:07
Can being run down cause the above, i really need to stop my stress :( and get on a sleeping pattern my sleeping pattern is screwed.

GlassPinata
10-02-17, 00:38
Mouth ulcers are common.
People's mouths are filled with germs, so every little scratch we get in there gets infected and turns into an ulcer.
I second the 'salt swishes" idea. it should help it dry up and heal.
I've had more mouth ulcers than you can imagine in my lifetime, and they always go away.
I have severe anxiety, and I don't even worry about them, because I've had them so many times and I know they are not cancer.
You shouldn't worry about this at all.
If it's still there in a month, then worry. But it won't be.

Best wishes.

PS- one of my nervous habits is chewing the insides of my cheeks. Sometimes I chew so hard I draw blood. Then, guess what? The next day I have a damn infected mouth ulcer where I bit myself. I've really had soooo many of these, and they are very painful, but I promise, salt water helps, and they do go away eventually.

Lockey1995
10-02-17, 01:02
Yeah you're probably prubanly right and I'm freaking out over nothing , I don't think they're mouth ulcers as they don't hurt or anything when salt hits them, the one on my cheek is painful when I rub the brush on it.

Drisque
10-02-17, 03:58
I went through a similar scare 2 years ago. It all started with a cold, which caused a sore throat, which sparked my curiosity. I thought, "let's take a peak just to make sure it isn't strep". Well, I did just that, and low and behold, there was a rather large bump at the base of my tongue, left side. I would periodically sneak into the bathroom so I could examine it, and ultimately realized that the bump was only on one side. Disproportionate bumps inside my mouth? Gotta be cancer, right? No, no it doesn't have to be, but that's what I convinced myself it was. I would spend hours upon hours researching squamous cell carcinoma, reading survival rates, success stories, horror stories and looking at pictures, which I would use to compare mine to, and I'd be damned if those pictures didn't look exactly like mine. During all of this"research" I managed to work myself into a terrible depression, and finally booked a visit to Doctors. While in the waiting roon I prepared myself for the bad news. I was practically crying before I even entered the room. When the doctor finally saw me, he looked in my mouth, and without hesitating said, "this is nothing, but normal tonsil tissue". I expressed my concern about it being disproportionate to the other side, to which he replied "it doesn't have to be". We talked for a little while longer and he completely reassured me that I was fine. Moral of the story, it's not always doom and gloom, in fact doom and gloom is rare....especially at a young age.

Jillinpa
10-02-17, 16:36
Hello,
So, I literally went through this fear about a month ago; all of a sudden I began to fixate on oral cancer due to using my Iphone flashlight and looking in my mouth. I found all sorts of different colors and textures which scared the daylights out of me. About a week or so after that, I developed a red bump on my cheek, where it rests along my gumline; I FREAKED. What it actually had been was the start of a canker sore, apparently some mouth ulcers start off as a bump which then ulcerates a few days later. Thats exactly what happened, it then turned into the sore from hell which caused extreme pain in my jaw bone and even caused my lymphnodes in my neck and jaw to swell. Needless to say I was terrified. Guess what? After daily salt water rinses 2-3x a day for about 4-5 days, it totally healed. Now, I am prone to mouth ulcers but this one was a doozy. I doubt you have anything to worry about, mouths develop strange issues constantly. If it doesn't heal in a month then go get checked but I think you'll be just fine.

Lockey1995
13-02-17, 01:07
Hello,
So, I literally went through this fear about a month ago; all of a sudden I began to fixate on oral cancer due to using my Iphone flashlight and looking in my mouth. I found all sorts of different colors and textures which scared the daylights out of me. About a week or so after that, I developed a red bump on my cheek, where it rests along my gumline; I FREAKED. What it actually had been was the start of a canker sore, apparently some mouth ulcers start off as a bump which then ulcerates a few days later. Thats exactly what happened, it then turned into the sore from hell which caused extreme pain in my jaw bone and even caused my lymphnodes in my neck and jaw to swell. Needless to say I was terrified. Guess what? After daily salt water rinses 2-3x a day for about 4-5 days, it totally healed. Now, I am prone to mouth ulcers but this one was a doozy. I doubt you have anything to worry about, mouths develop strange issues constantly. If it doesn't heal in a month then go get checked but I think you'll be just fine.

Doing the same thing with an iphone light we're alike then aha, but yeah yesterday i couldn't feel it all or hardly today i can bit more so idk if food is irritating it or something.

Josh1234
13-02-17, 06:12
From stomach to oral cancer...see a pattern yet?