PDA

View Full Version : Switched to Effexor today...wondering about food

Icket
10-02-17, 01:21
I was switched to 75mg of Effexor twice a day from celexa today. The nausea and vomiting were not improving. I wasn't sure that I needed to, but I had substantial weight loss.

My question is to those that take it - do I really need to take it with food as it says? What happens if I don't?

Thank you.

panic_down_under
10-02-17, 04:27
I was switched to 75mg of Effexor twice a day from celexa today.

From how much Celexa (citalopram) and how long were you at this dose?

My question is to those that take it - do I really need to take it with food as it says? What happens if I don't?

Any gastro-intestinal side-effects may be more severe.

Icket
10-02-17, 23:28
I was only on it for a week, and I was willing to ride it out, but they were really concerned about the severity of the side effects. I lost a lot of weight from not being able to eat among everything else.

So last night I take my first dose, slept for two hours. This morning again, and I felt like I was on speed for SIX HOURS. I have low blood pressure, so I wasn't worried about that, but holy moly I did not see that coming.

Just really hoping I can get some rest tonight, and feel like eating soon.

panic_down_under
10-02-17, 23:56
I was only on it for a week, and I was willing to ride it out, but they were really concerned about the severity of the side effects. I lost a lot of weight from not being able to eat among everything else.

Pity as the side-effects tend to not last much longer than a week or two.