PDA

View Full Version : Suicidal thougts on escitalopram

mismashful2
10-02-17, 11:18
So I'm a 19y old girl and I've been dealing with OCD about suïcide, so my psychoatrist prescribed me Escitalopram 5mg to start and yesterday morning I took it. During the day I was fine, but at night I developed those suicidal urges and they're still there. I called my psychiateist and he said to stop taking it this morning so I did, but it's still there I'm so scared, my dad is with me so I'm not alone, but it's like anxiety with suicidal thoughts, how long Will this last???

Lukas
10-02-17, 11:39
When I first started taking Citalopram it made me much worse and even gave me suicidal thoughts, it calmed down after I adjusted for a few days, try and remain calm someone is with you so nothing bad will happen, if you've stopped taking it then it should go away soon after it wears off x

mismashful2
10-02-17, 17:33
It's already a little better, but it's kind of still there.. Really freaks me out

panic_down_under
10-02-17, 23:24
It's already a little better, but it's kind of still there.. Really freaks me out

Unfortunately, antidepressants can make anxiety worse and as suicidality seems to be part of your anxiety response this may also worsen.

You need to discuss this with the prescribing doctor as there may be ways of mitigating it, perhaps by taking a benzodiazepine for a week or two.