PDA

View Full Version : Low blood pressure

beadbabe
18-04-07, 19:52
Hi there
Does anyone know if anxiety can cause postural hypotension. ie. low blood pressure when standing up from sitting. What seems to be happening is that my blood pressure changes seem to take a while to catch up with what is needed. Anyone else have this?
I'd be relieved to hear it and that it is an anxiety symptom.
( I also have frequent multiple ectopics and dizziness).

Cindy
19-04-07, 08:13
Hi beadbabe

I don't if it can cause it but I nerver had a history with blood presssure.But I to started getting a lot dizzy and they checked my blood pressure and it was low a few time.My doc wasen't to concerned as he checked me outr and said I could of been a bit dehydrated and I just drank more water and game and now take moducare plus vitamin and feel much better

But if it is worrying you go check it ou by your doc

hope you feel better soon

ro44
19-04-07, 15:07
Beadbabe,

I've been having something similar lately. I'm not sure if it is the hypotension you are referring to. Can you describe to me exactly when it happens and how it feels? I've been having a "fullness" type feeling in my head when I stand up from sitting or lyinging down. It's been really bad lately. Describe it to me more please.

ro44
19-04-07, 17:05
Hi again, beadbabe,

I was googling postural hypotension and found this:

Things that make postural hypotension worse:

Being dehydrated
Getting overheated such as warm room, after a hot bath, etc.
illnesses, colds, infections, being on long bedrest
anxiety and panic, especially when changes in breathing pattern
some medications

Anyway, I thought the part about anxiety and breathing changes were interesting. Mine feel more like a "head rush" and pulsing pressure rather than dizziness. I do notice this a lot after a hot bath. Not sure if this is what I have but it I certainly have it after changing positions. I guess you've been diagnosed with this. Thought maybe this info would be of interest to you.

Southern_Belle
19-04-07, 17:35
Hi,

I do have extremely low blood pressure and sometimes it can drop to almost dangerous levels but I have always had low blood pressure so it is normal for me. I also have anxiety but the doctors have never said that my anxiety has caused my low blood pressure. I have also fainted in the tub when I stood up due to the water being too hot and low blood pressure so be very careful. If your blood pressure has always been normal and has suddenly turned low you might want to see your doctor. I also know that exercising lowers your blood pressure too. I hope you feel better soon.

Laura