PDA

View Full Version : Can you get STD's from toilet water splash back?

Moso13
10-02-17, 15:59
I was using the bathroom and I got up to flush and I flushed it, but I still had my pants and underwear down. I don't think anything splashed on it, but when I pulled up my underwear it felt wet. If toilet water splashed in my underwear and I have to wear it for awhile, could I get any STDs like hiv or syphillis this way? Thank you.

PASchoolSyndrome
10-02-17, 16:02
Absolutely not. You're fine.

Phuzella
10-02-17, 19:18
Nope

GymMom30
10-02-17, 19:31
No. Not a chance.

swajj
10-02-17, 23:31
No but you might get a urinary tract infection so don't do it anymore.

nivekc251
10-02-17, 23:38
I had a friend who got herpes and gave it to his girlfriend. He told her he got it from a toilet seat. She believed him until she had her annual and her doctor informed her it was impossible. He was a piece of sh*% for doing that to her , so no youre ok lol

GlassPinata
11-02-17, 01:10
Nope.

:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

No but you might get a urinary tract infection so don't do it anymore.

Bull***.

You'll get NOTHING from a toilet.
This is a sorry excuse that cheaters use when they don't want to admit to their partners that they've cheated.
it is impossible to catch ANY disease from a toilet.

swajj
11-02-17, 01:31
Bullshit? Wow so aggressive lol

Many UTIs are caused by bacteria enteing the urinary tract through the urethra. So it is conceivable that if the OP flushed dirty toilet water that went into her pants and sat there she could develop a UTI. Without asking for more detail about what was in the water it is hard to say.

Tsk tsk calm down :ohmy:

Fishmanpa
11-02-17, 01:37
Many UTIs are caused by bacteria enteing the urinary tract through the urethra.

But not from a splash of toilet water. When I hear things like this, it always brings a song to mind from the late great Frank Zappa (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npgYS74mLw8).

Positive thoughts

swajj
11-02-17, 01:39
If the toilet water had waste in it that splashed into you pants is what I mean. Hard to describe lol

Fishmanpa
11-02-17, 01:44
If the toilet water had waste in it that splashed into you pants is what I mean. Hard to describe lol

I've never known anyone to get an infection from water splashed when dropping a bomb if you know what I mean ~lol~

Positive thoughts

swajj
11-02-17, 01:50
I have had a few UTIs. Without going into detail they were all caused by Ecoli. My doctor told me that it was possible that when I used a public toilet that wasn't clean ecoli may have been present in the toilet bowl thus causing one of my UTIs. The others I could account for.

MyNameIsTerry
11-02-17, 05:25
I have had a few UTIs. Without going into detail they were all caused by Ecoli. My doctor told me that it was possible that when I used a public toilet that wasn't clean ecoli may have been present in the toilet bowl thus causing one of my UTIs. The others I could account for.

Is it a bit like wiping the bum and touching the vagina with the dirty paper? How long would it live in the water from yourself or a previous person?

PASchoolSyndrome
11-02-17, 05:31
If a doctor told you threat you coould get a UTI from a toilet then they should lose their liscence.

GlassPinata
11-02-17, 05:36
If a doctor told you threat you coould get a UTI from a toilet then they should lose their liscence.

Word.

Is it a bit like wiping the bum and touching the vagina with the dirty paper?

Which is why females are taught, from the time they are potty-trained, to wipe from front to back.

swajj
11-02-17, 06:59
I don't know how long it lives for Terry, I do know it isn't long.

My doctor doesn't need to worry about losing his licence he retired a couple of years ago lol

nivekc251
11-02-17, 07:35
Yea the odds of that happening are astronomical. Unless there was just pure liquid sh%$ in toilet lol. But I'm a dude I'm rarely vulnerable for that to happen.

PASchoolSyndrome
11-02-17, 13:57
Haha no you would literally need to to take what ever fecal matter was in the toilet and manually insert it into your urethra to transmit and infection. It's not even the odds being astronomical you would have to literally infect yourself. And if "but what about the splashing!" If that toilet was destroyed by a previous owner who forgot to flush, simply flush.

I'm sorry the liscense thing came off rude lol, but that is just such false information do not spread that around.

GlassPinata
11-02-17, 15:07
Yes, I'm also sorry if I came off as harsh. But the world is scary enough (especially to those with health anxiety) without the spreading of false and/or outdated information about how disease and infection are transmitted.
We can scarcely avoid using common toilets at some point in our lives, and I don't want to think, nor do I want others to think, that this is a way that UTIs or STDs are transmitted, as I do not believe this is the case.

In my understanding, UTIs are generally caused by improper, back-to-front wiping (carrying e coli germs from the rectum to the urethra) and sex, where e coli germs and other bacteria can be pushed into the urethra by friction.

Best wishes.

PASchoolSyndrome
11-02-17, 22:23
No no and no. Bacteria need a specific environment to live in, and toilet paper and bathroom seats are a thing.

Don't doubt the disgustingly-ness that is a public bathroom. I won't even put my purse on a floor. But please do NOT forget science is a thing and you CANNOT get a UTI or an STD from toilet paper or the toilet seat. Agree with GlassPinata, the world is scary enough without lies and outdated information being passed. The fact that this is still a discussion gives me more anxiety than anything.

MyNameIsTerry
11-02-17, 23:32
The dirtiest places in the bathroom tend to be where you put your hands like flushing handles. Germs certainly can be in them but specific types that are known not thing like STI's.

Fishmanpa
11-02-17, 23:45
There are some rare occasions when Dr. Google is right...

Many disease-causing organisms can survive for only a short time on the surface of the seat, and for an infection to occur, the germs would have to be transferred from the toilet seat to your urethral or genital tract, or through a cut or sore on the buttocks or thighs, which is possible but very unlikely.

Time to say "Goodnight Gracie"

Positive thoughts

Lana
05-08-21, 18:53
You saw that this thread is from 2017, right?

Magic
05-08-21, 18:54
I went to use the toilet in a supermarget today. The toilet seat was wet. So i had a wee standing up, flushed, and washed my hands with hot water. These days the taps dry you hands too.:unsure: