PDA

View Full Version : Worried about baby powder

Ryank65
10-02-17, 17:24
I'm 22 year old male. 1 year ago, for 4 months I used baby powder to make my room smell good and would puff it in the air. I did this maybe 3-4 times a week for 3 1/2 months. I recently found the baby powder bottle and read that it had talc in it. I've read that talc is very bad and toxic for you and that it could cause a bunch of cancers and problems. Im worried that my exposure from the baby powder is going to cause cancer or something down the road since I was probably breathing some in at night when I slept and I usually would use it at night an hour before bed. My room eventually had a dust from the powder on a lot of objects in my room like night stand, desk and TV.I'm worried I have screwed myself and should I be concerned?

Merle
10-02-17, 17:50
Hi,

Yes I have read about the links to Johnsones baby powder and talc in general. Thing is you're not using the talc for the purpose it was intended. The talc was never intended as a room freshener. I think you need to look for alternatives such a baby powder natural fragrance oils, candles to give your room that fragrance without the powder getting everywhere.

I think honestly you do not need to worry. It is only in recent times that this was discovered, but people have been using talc for generations without issue. Look af your family history and check with your doctor about your worries, just to ease your mind.

I'm 22 year old male. 1 year ago, for 4 months I used baby powder to make my room smell good and would puff it in the air. I did this maybe 3-4 times a week for 3 1/2 months. I recently found the baby powder bottle and read that it had talc in it. I've read that talc is very bad and toxic for you and that it could cause a bunch of cancers and problems. Im worried that my exposure from the baby powder is going to cause cancer or something down the road since I was probably breathing some in at night when I slept and I usually would use it at night an hour before bed. My room eventually had a dust from the powder on a lot of objects in my room like night stand, desk and TV.I'm worried I have screwed myself and should I be concerned?