PDA

View Full Version : I'm currently taking 15 supplements. Is this too much?

Black_Rose
10-02-17, 17:34
Hi :)

I signed up to this forum because I really need some feedback.

I'm currently taking 15 supplements on a daily basis (prescribed by a CAM practitioner) and my gut is telling me this is too much.

I already asked him about this, but he told me to just continue taking the supplements. I said that I'd prefer to get nutrients from my food, but he told me that I really needed those supplements.

Ofc, my gut isn't the most reliable source of information because of... wait for it..... my anxiety.

But I'm also in a vulnerable place right now because I really want to get rid of this all-consuming anxiety. Which makes me easy prey; I do not want to be taken advantage of.

Any advice on how I should handle this or how I can see the difference between being taking advantage of and truly getting good advice?

Ultimatejourney
13-02-17, 18:48
What supplements are you currently taking and are you on any prescription meds as well? I agree that 15 is too much - if any of the supplements are vitamins you're probably getting way more the the recommended maximum daily dose. Supplements such as 5http and tryptophan are quite dangerous as well.

Serphenia
14-02-17, 09:09
Did you check the daily recommended amount against how much you are taking?