PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety triggered by noise? Bit confused

Avm
11-02-17, 09:48
Hi everyone,

I brought a house moved out then after the first night my anxiety was triggered by me hearing next doors music, I could hear their child in the night crying and lots of bangs and thuds when sitting in my living room.

I started being sick the next day then just spiralling out of control making me move back home to my parents.

I have been prescribed fluoxetine 20mg and propanol 80mg but still not back to my old self. I got prescribed these meds because I hit a moment when my mind was driving me crazy I couldn't control my worries and negative thoughts and thought I was going crazy. I wanted to end it all so got quite suicidal. I have been taking the meds now for 40 days and still not back to myself. I also have therapy and have had five sessions so far.

All I keep thinking is when I go back to the house I will hear a noise and go back to square one. Has anyone had a similar situation regarding anxiety triggered by noise or got any advise on if these meds will actually work for when I go back to the house and hear a noise?

I have been told by the doctor I have GAD but my therapist says it could be depression and anxiety not sure myself.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Avm
12-02-17, 09:50
Anyone had a similar thing?

Avm
18-02-17, 17:18
Someone please help me. I don't understand what's wrong with me! I'm on the fluoxetine 20mg and propranolol 80mg and thought I was feeling better so iv been up the house where all the issues started and the next door neighbours have got the music blaring which started me off with a burning feeling in my chest then I moved out the living room where it is the loudest and went in the kitchen and it went off a bit then I went out and was feeling sick nearly being sick then went back to the house and immediately felt like I was going to puke and burning feeling in my chest again very strong! I had to leave straight away and come back to my parents...

What is this? I don't understand if it's anxiety how can it be when I'm on these meds?

Someone please help me whatever it is seems to me either triggered by the noise or the house.

lifeofbrian
18-02-17, 18:04
Sounds like hypersensitivity to me. I also get this but not as bad.

Avm
18-02-17, 18:47
Do you know how I can control it. The noise from the neighbours should just annoy me and pee me off like it does my partner but it makes me ill. Thanks lifeofbrian

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Is hypersensitivity a symptom of anxiety?