PDA

View Full Version : Visual Trails After Drinking?? Help

Nicholebear
11-02-17, 15:17
Hey guys it's been a while, been pretty good about my health anxiety for a good amount of time!!

However one thing keeps bugging me and I've felt the need to come here to help calm my worries

So the last few times I've gone out drinking, I've noticed that towards the end of the evening I start getting mild visual trails with moving objects. It's like there's an afterimage then a quick fluid zip behind the moving object until it stops. It's tally worse with light objects against dark backgrounds or just dim light in general. This is relatively new, but was just thinking that those nights I've gone out and it's happened, I've woken up at 5am, worked an 8 hour shift at work, not drank much water and then around midnight-2ish after drinking alcohol that evening is when I start to notice the trails. So is this something normal? Is it a combination of exhaustion and dehydration? Every thing I've googled about it never says there's a correlation so idk 😩

Fishmanpa
11-02-17, 15:31
Back in my partying days, trails were part of getting wasted. It didn't matter whether it was weed, alcohol or some other substance.

Anyway, if this is a concern, the answer is simple and you know what it is ;)

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
11-02-17, 23:47
Strange disturbances in thinking & vision, pretty much all part of getting drunk to me.

Have your other worries focused on visual issues like this? If so, do you think it's more about your anxiety theme in that it is searching for relevant symptoms to help prove your fear?

Nzxt27
12-02-17, 03:45
Let's all have a drink right now. Pass me some. ;)