PDA

View Full Version : GG conquers Egypt!

groovygranny
18-04-07, 21:58
Well playmates – I did it!! With encouragement from you lot of course!!:yesyes:

Syl – I was thinking about you on Thursday……glad all went well. Well done You!:flowers:

I think Egypt may take a while to recover from my visit – most people do after spending some time with GG!!:huh:

Got sooooo much to tell maybe it’s best if I do it using bullet points (talking of which, the terrorists I thought might be waiting for us at Luxor airport or hiding in the desert did not materialise! Neither did the crocodiles or the malaria-carrying mosquitoes!!):blush:

My hubby needed assistance at Gatwick so I got to ride in an electric buggy! However, as we were sat facing the rear this meant that we were hurtling at 20+ mph backwards – not good. I was air sick before I’d even left the ground!:wacko:

Due to getting stuck in the lav, GG nearly missed the above transport and therefore the plane!

Because of hubby’s needs we were put in row 1 on the plane – which is right at the front…….facing a wall – very claustrophobic. But GG had a bottle of newly-purchased Rescue Remedy, so she wasn’t too phased about this:lac:

Until take off that is. Why oh why did the hiccups have to come right at that nanosecond – you know the one where you feel like you’re on the ‘up’ route of a roller coaster?

Because of the above, the first shot of RR entered left nostril at the speed of light.

Because of the reaction to the above assault on nostril, head jerked and second shot of RR went into right eye. GG now resembles a one-eyed cocaine sniffer with a nervous twitch. Third shot hits the spot right on the tongue – hey, this is good stuff!

GG recites the NMP Mantra – JFDI – and the journey continues without further incident.

Until GG goes to the loo. Well, I thought the button on the right was soap – so I pushed it. Not good. GG has just tried to get soap out of the emergency call button. So her quick pee was accompanied by flashing lights and buzzers for all to see! NB: can somebody tell me why all aeroplane toilet pans have a ‘shelf’? This causes the aerodynamics of the stream to hit said shelf and splash back on your bum!! And, of course, the person who used the loo before you has used all the s*****g toilet paper, so you have to use a paper towel – which you then throw down the pan just a millisecond before you read ‘ Please do not put paper towels in the toilet – this may result in a blockage’. So you don’t flush in the hope that the blockage will occur when the next person uses the toilet! Naughty GG !!:noangel:

I only got lost in three temples and trapped in one tomb (the tomb of the Son of Rameses IV no less!) – that’s a record! I’m very proud of this fact. Unlike hubby who has now threatened to put me on one of those extendable dog leads so he can ‘reel me in’ when I wander………

And, there was only one hair raising predicament on the boat (that I can remember). I’d tried the room key in the lock and it wouldn’t budge, so I tried the door next to it …still wouldn’t budge……neither did the next one. This could be due to the fact that I’d tried to gain access to room 108, 109 and 111…………and our room was 115.

Ah, just remembered another one. GG had her first massage! When Sammy (the Masseur) said ‘remove your clothing and sleep’ I nearly ran off! Til he told me this meant I could keep me holster and knickers on and lie on my front on the couch, with a towel covering me modesty!! What he failed to point out was that the couch had curtains around it and was on deck………and it was very windy that day. So, GG complies (GG does a lot of complying don't you think?) and waits for his return. Then suddenly with lightning speed my holster is undone and my drawers pulled down enough for the top of me bum to be winking at the sky!! But, GG is British so was too polite to say anything, and just kept saying over and over again ‘ a masseur is not unlike a doctor, they look but they don't see’ !!! Anyway it was well worth the embarrassment – that guy had Magic Hands! So much so that I had another one two days later !!!:winks:
Anyway, that’s enuff of my ramblings. I’d recommend this trip to anyone. I have seen sights I thought I would never see - good and bad. The poverty in some places tugs at your sense of humanity and humbles you. And I’ve experienced things I‘ve only ever dreamed about. And I’ve got nearly 500 photos to prove it!!!!!

AND GG WON THE BELLY DANCING COMPETITION !!!! :emot-dance::emot-dance::emot-dance:

Thanks for all your support everyone, I really couldn’t have dunnit without it!! Especially when hubby was ill and I WENT ON A TRIP WITH THE GROUP ON MY OWN because he wanted me to take photos !!

Sorry this is another novel :read:– you’re all very patient with me!

latic
18-04-07, 22:17
Groovy Granny WELL DONE!!! Your post gave me such a giggle. Fantastic!!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxx

Dave777
18-04-07, 22:23
Great to see your story on here, I'll read it when I've got 3 days to spare ! haha:D ... just joking, catch you later Queen G.G of the Nile:yesyes: xxx

kelbob
18-04-07, 22:27
Yey! Well done GG! Im very proud of ya! Your post made me laugh..Even though it took me a week to read lol..xxx

Anyway..Lym tc xxxxxxx :hugs:

manmoor
18-04-07, 22:30
Well done GG :yesyes: I'm off now to rest me poor eyes lol :hugs:

Dying_Swan
18-04-07, 22:38
GG,

I don't think we've met. I just wanted to say that this post and your one about the self-service checkout are the first to literally make me Laugh Out Loud. For that, I thank you. So entertaining....keep it up!

:) Xxx

groovygranny
18-04-07, 22:38
Crikey, it is b****y long aint it? :wacko: how embarrassing:blush:

I've got to be stopped - any volunteers out there to be my Editor?:shades:

I've always known I could yap, and now type, for England - think there may be some sort of CBT for it??

Yeah, I know your jokes Dave:w00t2:cheers mate!!

Aww, thanks Dying Swan - just seen your reply!

clickaway
18-04-07, 22:42
Hey, well done GG!

Sounds quite an adventure! Was Shakira in the belly dancing competition ? :winks:

Piglet
18-04-07, 23:16
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Massive respect!!!!

Piglet :flowers:

Gryphoenix
19-04-07, 00:33
So awesome, I'm glad you had such a great time! I'd love to see Egypt someday as well, you're really lucky to get to see all those temples and tombs and such. :D

Oh, and a massive ROFL at the airplane adventure, sounds exactly like something that would happen to me.

Coni
19-04-07, 07:10
GG, that was hilarious...will Egypt ever recover???!!:D :D :D

Sorry pm'd you before I read this so my message might seem a bit strange (nothing new in that eh?)

speak soon:hugs:

luv Coni X

kate
19-04-07, 07:35
Oh that made me laugh sooo much :D

A big WELL DONE to you, you coped brilliantly! :shades::shades::shades:

Kate

honeybee
19-04-07, 08:11
aww... so nice to have you back...

i'll think i'll join ya husband in the buying of an extendable dog lead... that way i'll never have to be terrified of losing my fella when out in big crowds ever again... dam good thought is what i say...

oh, and WELL DONE... :yesyes:

honeybee3939
19-04-07, 09:03
WELL DONE GG !

You certainly made me smile this morning!:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

darkangel
19-04-07, 13:53
Massive WELL DONE :yesyes: gg

you made me laugh - Im on a plane in 7 weeks time so I will keep you in mind any time I feel anxious - I will be thinking of you lol

Luv Darkangel

Paddington
19-04-07, 14:02
Wow groovey granny....huge respect to you hun:yesyes: i could never go on a plane just reading yout story made my chest tight :blush: you must have come on leaps and bounds to GO IN CAVES AND TOMBS:ohmy: :ohmy: andt rescue remedy story had me i stitches:D WELL DONE YOU!!Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxx

mingsy
19-04-07, 16:42
:D Been feeling really down today, but your post was just the right pick me up, it has had me and my girls in stitches.
You did brilliant, be proud of your yourself, and thanks again for the laughs, wish we could bottle you and sell you we'd make a fortune.

jodie
19-04-07, 19:16
wow :yesyes:

it is so very nice that you were brave and go so far away ...and have such a fab time
i think you should be very proud that you did it well done

jodiex

groovygranny
19-04-07, 19:21
What an incredibly sweet thing to say :blush:!!:flowers:

Glad my 'situations' can be put to good use - I'll maybe PM you the bits I left out !!

Couldn't have done any of it without all the support from here!

........Probably no one else would have me :w00t2:!!

eastender
19-04-07, 19:44
A very entertaining read GG, enjoyed it very much!

yorkylover
19-04-07, 23:58
Well Done:yesyes:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

ksmith
20-04-07, 18:08
Well done GG :)

Are you all 'temple and tombed' out now? You should be really proud of yourself, Egypt is not the easiest country to visit if you suffer from anxiety (lol).

Kay x

sweetpea
20-04-07, 22:17
Well done love!!! :yesyes: :yesyes:

Loved the 'GG now resembles a one-eyed cocaine sniffer with a nervous twitch' story!!!

You did it.... INSPIRING!!!!
love x.s

happyone
21-04-07, 13:30
You know, I often post "LOL" when I haven't actually laughed but oh boy, I did here!
well done and thanks for sharing!
happyone
xx

trac67
21-04-07, 16:12
A huge well done to you for conquering Egypt, you should put your adventures into a book they are just soooo funny :D

Well done

Love

Trac xx

Granny Primark
21-04-07, 19:51
Thanks for your post gg
I was laughing out loud when I read it.:D
My god the bit about being in the plane lavvy reminded me of an incident I had going to Turkey 3 years ago.:ohmy:
Well done!!!:D

Take care
LYNN

nomorepanic
26-04-07, 20:35
GG

Just caught up with this and made me laugh so much.:D :D

You do drum up a picture that is so lifelike - I love your posts.

Well done on coping - sounds like you had fun!!!!:yesyes: :yesyes:

groovygranny
10-05-07, 18:51
UPDATE:

Thought you might like to see some piccies! :shades:

Copy and paste this into the address box in your browser.

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t299/wrinklytech/EGYPT2007%20-%202/?start=all

PS: any probs viewing please let me know? Ta!

Dave777
10-05-07, 19:09
Thanks for that GG., loved 'em all !!:yesyes: xxx

honeybee3939
10-05-07, 20:03
Ohh what lovely Pics GG !:)

Egypt looks such a lovely place and GG looks lovely too !!:D

Thankyou for sharing them with us.

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Southern_Belle
14-05-07, 19:42
GG,

I just read this post and laughed so hard, thank you so much!!!

Also, loved the pictures.

Laura :)