PDA

View Full Version : Lonelyness

tricia56
12-02-17, 12:02
Hi Just like to ask if anyone is in the same situation as me as every morning I wake up and feel so lonely as I have no one to talk to I don't have a partner I have a son and daughter who lives with doesn't get up till lunch time most days and my daughter works and even when they are here they just do thier own thing I don't have no friends or know anyone ware I live as they all keep them selfs to them selfs really so every morning I getup and just sit in my room and watch TV most of the time and have no one to talk to I may go and tiedy up down stairs but I just feel so lonely I don't go out much because of anxiety only go to local shop maybe once aday that's about all as there is no ware to go even if I wanted to just go for a walk or anything as there is nothing around ware I live really so I don't know if bieng lonely all the time is not helping.

Bigboyuk
12-02-17, 13:07
HI Tricia I am in the same boat as you and no it's not going to help you. Have recently been to a Charity Mental Health Organisation Called Changes it's helping some what and gets me out of my house for around 4 hrs a week so it does help some what but feel for you I think lonliness is a very bad thing to have at any age and unless ppl have been there them selves many don't have a clue what it is like. Chin up and it will get better perhaps look around your area for groups to join :) Cheers

tricia56
12-02-17, 13:31
Thk you bigboyuk it's not nice feeling like it and it seems to make me feel more anxiouse because I start worring why I feel so lonely and questioning it and then that's when the wat ifs start as like a fool I started googling loneliness at what it can do to you and that's made feel worse so I shouldn't of done that really as I have a very bad habit of questioning every feeling and thought.

Bigboyuk
12-02-17, 13:49
Thk you bigboyuk it's not nice feeling like it and it seems to make me feel more anxiouse because I start worring why I feel so lonely and questioning it and then that's when the wat ifs start as like a fool I started googling loneliness at what it can do to you and that's made feel worse so I shouldn't of done that really as I have a very bad habit of questioning every feeling and thought. You are welcome :) And no you shouldn't have Googled so refrain from this if possible. I too anylise everything and in detail so you aren't alone on this either! Cheers

Mr.G
12-02-17, 14:14
Hi Tricia,

You are definitely not alone in feeling like this. I imagine there are a lot on this site who feel the same way. I know i certainly do. I am 40 live alone with no partner or children. I don't feel too bad during the week as I work but come the weekends I get very lonely at times. I have very few friends so don't get out much and I don't have the confidence to go out and meet new people/try new things. It certainly isn't helping my anxiety. But I do find chatting on here to like minded people does help.

Mr G

Bigboyuk
12-02-17, 14:33
Hi Tricia,

You are definitely not alone in feeling like this. I imagine there are a lot on this site who feel the same way. I know i certainly do. I am 40 live alone with no partner or children. I don't feel too bad during the week as I work but come the weekends I get very lonely at times. I have very few friends so don't get out much and I don't have the confidence to go out and meet new people/try new things. It certainly isn't helping my anxiety. But I do find chatting on here to like minded people does help.

Mr G Iam the same Mr G the only difference is I do have the confidence in going out (even though that is getting lower now) but can I meet any one Nope I cant and week ends are the worst too bloody awful Ahh Cheers

tricia56
12-02-17, 15:36
Thks mrG it makes me feel alitle better knowing I'm not alone , I'm 60 and I've got no conviedence at all to meet some one new I think I'm too old who would want someone like me with anxiety as I think it wouldn't be fair on them or they couldn't handle bieng with someone who couldn't go out and do things because I'm too anxiouse and scared to do wat normal couples do .

Bigboyuk
12-02-17, 17:12
Thks mrG it makes me feel alitle better knowing I'm not alone , I'm 60 and I've got no conviedence at all to meet some one new I think I'm too old who would want someone like me with anxiety as I think it wouldn't be fair on them or they couldn't handle bieng with someone who couldn't go out and do things because I'm too anxiouse and scared to do wat normal couples do . There are defiantly sites out there that can help its a matter of taking the plunge I have already started to make changes so am moving forward ( not as quickly as I would like, but its making a difference already) you too can do the same if only you believe it here is one site that I think you will benfit from http://www.nomorelonley.com its not just a dating site you can if you so wish just make friends and it's free as you get so many free tokens each month to use to make new friends and all users have MH conditions too, so again you wont be alone on this so do have a look and good luck :) Cheers

KeeKee
12-02-17, 19:37
Sorry you are feeling lonely. I too feel this way but I'm not literally alone as I do have relatives and meet up with a friend on occasion but feels like I can't really talk about my problems. I kind of feel like a catch 22 as I feel lonely, but also feel overwhelmed around others and like to be alone a lot. I enjoy company, but only when I feel upto it. If somebody showed up unannounced to my home I'd probably feel ill.

You aren't too old at all, plus there'll also be people of your age in similar situations somewhere. It's finding them that's the hard part.

Bigboyuk
12-02-17, 21:33
Sorry you are feeling lonely. I too feel this way but I'm not literally alone as I do have relatives and meet up with a friend on occasion but feels like I can't really talk about my problems. I kind of feel like a catch 22 as I feel lonely, but also feel overwhelmed around others and like to be alone a lot. I enjoy company, but only when I feel upto it. If somebody showed up unannounced to my home I'd probably feel ill.

You aren't too old at all, plus there'll also be people of your age in similar situations somewhere. It's finding them that's the hard part.
KeeKee is right you certainly aren't too old :) even if that site isn't for you (still worth a look though and nothing to lose apart from your loneliness :) ) there are organisations that can help with befriending I have heard Age UK could help, and I know MInd the mental health charity do befriending too and there's many more organisations that can help and they are only a phone call away :) at least phone a few and tell them how you are feeling they will be glad to help you! Don't got it alone any longer I was like this for years but now I have had enough and taking small steps to improve my life you can too!!

Dave1
12-02-17, 23:29
meetup.com is good, as long as you live near to events.

Bigboyuk
13-02-17, 09:52
meetup.com is good, as long as you live near to events. Think the OP is struggling to leave the house let alone go to any events. That's why I suggested they contact one or two of the organisations I suggested for befriending where some one will sit and have chat and a cuppa for a couple of hrs or even have a short stroll round the block with them :) Cheer

Dave1
14-02-17, 00:16
Hi Bigboy,

Some of the events on meetup.com are specifically for people with mental problems.

gregcool
14-02-17, 09:34
Same hear.live on my own and wake early hrs every day to a empty flat and lonely bed..makes me feel more depressed.no friends etc no where to go through my days..

Bigboyuk
14-02-17, 09:38
Hi Bigboy,

Some of the events on meetup.com are specifically for people with mental problems.Hi Dave1 Didn't know that, but again feel the OP is struggling to get out apart from a bit of shopping so sad, Thanks any way :) Cheers

LucyR
19-02-17, 02:20
The site nomorelonely.com does not seem to work??

Bigboyuk
19-02-17, 11:22
The site nomorelonely.com does not seem to work?? Opps sorry folks it's: http://www.nolongerlonely.com
Cheers

Tilar
17-03-17, 10:06
Hi I am in the same boat. I'm 47 I do work but weekends are very lonely. And all the things that go with it, like having no one to go see a film with.... no one to go on holiday with. It makes me feel very insignificant!

Bigboyuk
17-03-17, 10:15
Hi I am in the same boat. I'm 47 I do work but weekends are very lonely. And all the things that go with it, like having no one to go see a film with.... no one to go on holiday with. It makes me feel very insignificant! Welcome aboard to the lonely boat well yes but it also makes me very sad too! It's that bad I even turn the volume on the tv off when I see ads where people are enjoying them selves and look away. Cheers

Tilar
17-03-17, 10:37
Hi I am in the same boat. I'm 47 I do work but weekends are very lonely. And all the things that go with it, like having no one to go see a film with.... no one to go on holiday with. It makes me feel very insignificant!:lac:

Bittersweet05
19-03-17, 20:01
Hi all. I know they feeling today. My daughter moved out years ago. I live with my husband but he not a talker. I cant sit here all day and feel lonely too. He doesnt understand what anxiety is like. We had a dog Shelby and she was my best friend and passed in april2016. Miss her dearly. She honestly understood. Even though se a dog. Just got another dog my husband wanted.he around a year old. But not my shelby. I am 59 and that not old. But sometimes i do feel like its old. Just in a funk lately. Weather and health anxiety. Thanks for talking.

Primula
20-03-17, 17:56
www.thesilverline.org.uk. This is a telephone befriending helpline for anyone over 60. May be worth a look.

Bigboyuk
31-12-17, 12:11
I know this is quite a old thread that trica56 started, but decided to get it raised again, I think some ppl don't really understand loneliness ( on here yes probably a lot do) in the real world a lot don't Yes it's ok joining peer support groups I have joined a few in the past but I still feel lonely after the meetings have finished. Well 2018 is nearly upon us now so lets all reach out how ever we can to help lonely people feel less lonely, wether it's the first time you picked up the phone to speak to some one do it you might just make some one's life that little bit better etc X ATB