PDA

View Full Version : Games

Krakers
19-04-07, 00:14
Look - you all know I play the games a lot. If you can add 2 + 2 and make 4, you must also realise that I play them enough, and know what is possible and what is not.

I'm not going to use words here that will start a slanging match, but certain scores seem impossible. Soryy guys, but I shan't be playing anymore.

Its been fun - good luck to whoever takes me on the leaderboard.

Krakers.

Krakers
19-04-07, 00:16
Sorry - one ps - the Alex In Danger players have simply out played me - wd guys.

Krakers.

EebyJeeby
19-04-07, 00:25
Well Krakers, I shan't be taking your place on the leaderboard, that's for sure!

I find most scores unattainable these days (had my 15 minutes of fame on the leaderboard early on), except for my old favourite Mahjong - which is an entirely genuine score I can assure you. Seems it's the only one I'm good at now.

Don't be downhearted hun - you've set the bar pretty high yourself on a few of 'em!

Be interesting to hear other people's views on the matter.

Krakers
19-04-07, 00:39
Well Krakers, I shan't be taking your place on the leaderboard, that's for sure!

Don't be downhearted hun - you've set the bar pretty high yourself on a few of 'em!

Be interesting to hear other people's views on the matter.

Eeby - I've been genuine about everything I've entered (apart from simon, but boy did that do my head in). Certain scores just cannot be achieved. I'm welll enough now to come round for a demonstration if anyone wishes !!!!!!

Anyway - not sour, just sorry.

Krakers.

EebyJeeby
19-04-07, 00:53
LOL well I broke my mouse trying to beat one of your high scores once, so I don't bother with the action games any more!! Would happily join you at poker though :-)

I understand how you feel anyhow. I love the competitiveness of the arcade and it would be a crying shame if what you suspect turned out to be true. I sincerely hope that is not the case, for everyone's sake.

Eeb x

Reemy
19-04-07, 01:11
Well it was recently insinuated that the highs scores in Tower Defense were the result of hacking, but I can tell you that was not the case at all.

What some don't realize is that you can play all 39 levels and get a relatively low score. The high scores come in play by catching on to the strategy that the game is about knocking out the enemies efficiently, not with massive fire power in the early game. The most money banked throughout the game gets the bigger score.

I can't speak for all games, but I know from personal experience it's not hard to rack up massive points in Tower with the right stategy.

The arcade has been a great distraction for me in rough times, hope it doesn't become scandalous.

EebyJeeby
19-04-07, 01:32
Reemy, I think you are probably correct. Most of the games have their own strategies and it's the process of learning those that makes it fun.

Many, many people are enjoying the arcade and finding it very absorbing. I think that if there were any problems with it, they can be resolved easily enough. One option might be to reset the high scores periodically.

Reemy
19-04-07, 02:10
Many, many people are enjoying the arcade and finding it very absorbing. I think that if there were any problems with it, they can be resolved easily enough. One option might be to reset the high scores periodically.

Ooh, I think the periodic reset could work well. It would keep the top scorers challenged, too. Sometimes you get lucky, and it could be interesting to try to regain your standing. Plus, others might not find it so unattainable to see their names on top for a time. That could be a solution to please almost everyone. And members who've long left the board would fall off the charts eventually, keeping it fresh.

Good idea!

LadyBug
19-04-07, 02:24
I agree with setting some sort of timeline for a refresh!

nomorepanic
19-04-07, 19:14
I wouldn't know how to cheat at the games to be honest.

I am rubbish at them all.

The only one I can see that is easy to cheat at is Simon cos you just write the colour sequence down on a bit of paper as you play it.

Have people found cheat codes or something then?

I can't see the point of cheating - there are no prizes for the highest score and you are only cheating yourself.

I, for one, play them fairly and squarely and lose everytime.

I am more than happy to reset the scores every month or 2 months if people want as long as I don't get a barrage of abuse cos someone got the high score on the 31st and then I wiped it out on the 1st when I reset it all.

I am open to suggestions but I don't play much now - just the occasional word games to keep my brain active!

LadyBug
20-04-07, 00:05
Every month is a little much, but maybe every 6 months, or 9 months, or 12 months. Something a little longer.

Insomniac
21-04-07, 22:29
Um... I thought the point of games was to have fun?

Surely there's enough worry and anxiety in the world without adding to it. Lets just relax and play for fun eh?