PDA

View Full Version : New member! Hello

Purple_1985
12-02-17, 14:18
Hello everyone

Where do I start! About 10 years ago I started to develop OCD with intrusive thoughts. It started after I lost too babies through ectopic pregnancies and then lost both of my falliopian tubes. I had it in my head like it was a punishment and that maybe I'm a evil person why God wouldn't want me too had children! Anyway I had counselling and CBT group therapy. It help me but, like we all know OCD intrusive thoughts doesn't go completely.

Anyway as the years when by. I started working for a hospital. Saw a lot of death and was even a porter at one stage and took body's to the mortuary. This start with my health anxiety. First was chest pains, I was sure I'm "going to have a heart attack" I think I was put on ECG monitors practically ever week! When to doctors with put me on 24hour bp monitors, had stress echo tests, you name it I was convinced something was wrong. I gave up gym on the fear of "triggering something" the the symptoms moved...to my head...again I was sure I'm having a "brain tumour" headaches constantly had MRI scans all okay, had checks at the opticians to make sure wasn't my eyes...then if symptoms went back to my heart.. After my father died sudden my from a heart attack! That blue me out of the water!

Recently I had the fear of a kidney infection. Had all the tests all okay. Now I'm have a fear of food and allergy, it started a few months back when I notice slight itching on my body after nuts and seafood. So I avoid them. But now it's like I'm terrified of eating anything in the fear of dying of a good allergy. I boiled a egg yesterday and had to warn my partner that I'm going to eat it and just in case I have a allergy! To be aware. About 10 years ago I had a allergy test and the only thing I'm actually know I'm allergic too is nickel, but as nickel is in foods, I'm recently avoiding them. I've always had contact nickel allergy not from actually consuming. I've lost one stone, I've never been a big person anyway but people have noticed I've gone so skinny, where I don't like and always wanted to be bigger. By I'm genetically small.

Feel so sad, as I have a young child through IVF and I think I can't enjoy my life with her as I'm constantly worrying, even when we play my mind is so relate worrying about my health.

I check my blood pressure, pulse and oxygen saturation and temperature daily it's like a reassurance for a while.

Hate feeling like this, me and my partner "personal life" is non existent as I'm scared of a heart attack or something. It's taken over my life.

I was having counselling early last year which was great but then I had to cut it short as we moved from our area. I've recently contacted a wellbeing place and have a telephone assessment with them at the end of the month then hopefully some help with therapy or group therapy again.

Thank you for reading

venusbluejeans
12-02-17, 14:23
Hiya Purple_1985 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

PinkIcePrincess
12-02-17, 18:30
Hi Purple,

Welcome to the site ! I am so sorry for all you have been through and what you are going through the best advice I can give is to make sure you have a good therapist and you face the fear head on and learn all you can about how to get yourself better and if you have a loved one living there make sure you talk to them and they are supportive and want to help you as you would them and I know how hard that can be .
You do have a mental health illness so of course it needs to be treated so do all you can to help yourself and like I had stated make sure you have a good therapist also the eating you do need help with that because without proper nutrition we only end up not feeling good so face the fears head on and know you have already been tested a lot so now its time to make some changes. I am happy you have an assessment so just make sure you follow through with it.
Exercise is big thing we all need to do because it helps us so much so try slowly to do some type of exercise.
I wish you all the best and Please know we are here to help!

Vanilla Sky
12-02-17, 22:28
Hi and welcome to NMP :)