PDA

View Full Version : New Member Reaching Out

Kltormey
12-02-17, 19:50
Good afternoon everyone, my name is Kristin. I am new to this group and trying to take hold of my anxiety issues. I have had anxiety since high school (13 years or so). My first major attack that had the biggest impact on me was in an airport. I had flown a few times before this time, so it wasn't like this was my first time flying. This time I was with my parents and sister (people I am very comfortable with) and I felt like my skin was crawling, hot flashes, elevated heart beat, etc. I was on the floor in the bathroom (I know, ew gross!) begging my mom to put me in a cab and send me home. But instead she made me get on the plane and go. I spent most of my time in the hotel room and didn't want to venture far. We were in St. Thomas at the Ritz, I mean talk about lucky! But I did not get to enjoy that trip. Since then most of my panic attacks were very seldom, usually at 3 in the morning and then I'm fine. It took me 9 years to get on a plane again but I have been flying, in fact I've even been sky diving. I would say my anxiety has been under control until this past week. I woke up at 3 am and had a panic attack, nothing out of the ordinary there, except the panic and anxiety has not gone away. It has subsided, but I could not go into work on Thursday and Friday it took all my might to drive myself to work and stay there. The entire time my insides were screaming. This weekend has been a bunch of laying on the couch with a couple of trips to the grocery store, which were filled with anxiety. I don't know why my anxiety level is not going down so I decided to do some reading and this forum was recommended so here I am reaching out to a community of people that know what I am going through in search of some support and guidance. Hopefully I can contribute the same to others as well.

Yours truly,
Kristin

venusbluejeans
12-02-17, 19:55
Hiya Kltormey and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Catherine S
12-02-17, 20:50
Hi Kristin, good to meet you. You'll find members from all different places and backgrounds on the forum. I'm British but living in Germany at the moment with my husband's job, so flying back to visit family is stressful for me too.

Members are in various stages of meltdown or recovery as you will see, and I hope you find some comfort being here. See you on the boards.

ISB ☺ x

Vanilla Sky
12-02-17, 22:27
Hi and welcome to NMP :)