PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety kids!

lozzie02
12-02-17, 22:16
Hi everyone, I am an on and off user of this side for when my anxiety gets on top on me and found it great for an outlet and to try and stop the google urges.
So my health anxiety at its worst has been to do with me and what I may or may not have but I have underlying anxiety about my children's health which is slowly getting worse and worse. Can I ask if anyone else suffers with this too?
Is this health anxiety or something completely different?

For example today my 8 month old out of nowhere gets a really high temperature and goes all sleepy etc as children do when they are unwell. I start to panic near on having a full on panic attack and in my head I am thinking right what do I need ready to take him to A&e as he has meningitis.

Second example my middle son is not gaining weight and is so thin, he is also always ill with coughs cold and has asthma. I have convinced myself he has leukaemia and for the last two nights when he is asleep I have been checking for lumps. I found enlarged lymph nodes yesterday and nearly died on the spot! Today I spent all day looking up things to do with leukaemia.

I can't take this anymore I really can't!!!
Anyone else in the same boat??

Sphincterclench
12-02-17, 22:28
Im far too selfish to worry about other people :)

Truth is I think about it with my kids as well but for some reason I can blow that off pretty simply as opposed to myself.

Not sure why that is.

Sparky16
13-02-17, 02:09
Lozzie, deep breath, and stop googling. Kids get swollen lymph nodes all the time from the usual colds and other non serious illnesses they pass back and forth to each other. It's wintertime, and kids are sick a lot. What does the doctor say about your son's weight? Some kids are skinny as rails naturally, and sometimes they don't gain weight until they hit the next growth spurt.

Yes, I sometimes worry about family and friends but I have an easier time putting it in perspective. Why that is is a good question I'll have to think about.

NancyW
13-02-17, 03:58
My kids are a huge HA hot spot for me.

It's horrible. I am trying my best to keep it all in and not teach them my worrying ways.