PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue.. does it effect you and how do you deal

Sphincterclench
12-02-17, 22:54
before my HA presented itself, it wouldn't matter what time of day or night I went to bed I was up at 6 ish in the morning and ready to face the day.

Ever since HA I could sleep 14 hours and still be sluggish all day. Since adding meds to the picture it only seems to intensify it.

Does anyone else have this? Is it just a side effect of stress, anxiety, meds and HA or is it something more and if you also struggle with it, what works best for you.

Ive been crushingly tired for 2 years now and its getting old.

ServerError
12-02-17, 23:27
Fatigue and sleeping problems are incredibly common with anxiety. I imagine pretty much everyone experiences them.

Personally, I don't separate it from anxiety and all the other symptoms. It goes under the anxiety umbrella and I practice acceptance. If I can't sleep, so be it. If I'm weary, I don't like it, but I now choose not to add extra anxiety to it by worrying about it. It's all just part of anxiety.

Hancock
12-02-17, 23:40
I say it's a solid combination between anxiety and medication. I've had pretty intense fatigue with depression, and even more intense fatigue with panic attacks (I feel like I could sleep for a week after one of those babies). After my panic attacks settled themselves, and my depression waxed and waned I would have periods of extreme excitability, where I would be incredibly energetic and not require that much sleep to function until another panic attack or depressive episode hit. Since I've been on medication, and after wrestling with my latest bout of HA back in fall of 2015, I've been exhausted on the daily. It's really irritating because I'm not actually sleepy, I just feel generally fatigued and mentally tired. Like holding a conversation is cumbersome sometimes. I attribute that to the meds, as I was never like this during my peak periods, only my lows. Kinda sucks. I get why antidepressants have a weight gain side effect to them now, because I literally have to coerce myself to work out and do something physical most days due to the sluggishness I feel.

Sphincterclench
12-02-17, 23:52
Well I have a job that is literally 60 hours a week without any "extras" and those weeks with "extras" happen more often than not.

Ive been working at this pace nearly a decade, maybe I am just wearing out, I dont know but I sure fought it off a lot easier before HA became part of my life.

PASchoolSyndrome
13-02-17, 04:00
When I am in a depressed state my fatigue can become overwhelming. I won't be tired enough to physically sleep, I keep a regular sleeping pattern, but sometimes when I get home from school I'll just lay in bed until it's time to go to sleep. I've actually lost weight and muscle over my lack of activity. I just attribute it to my depression.

I've noticed though my depression is very situational and I can usually handle it by getting out of whatever is keeping me down. Sometimes it's being long distance with my fiancé and when I get to go home and see him it's 100% better. Sometimes it's the mental challenge of being in med school and dying of whatever I'm studying at the moment - SOMETIMES logic helps with that one ha.

Other times I have to literally force myself to do something I love or to socialize, and then after a period I will no longer have to force myself.

swajj
13-02-17, 07:56
I experienced extreme fatigue at one point during my HA. I became worried that it was a symptom of something more sinister (of course lol) and I told my psych about it. He said that he wasn't surprised as my mind was never at peace, even when I was asleep. HA is 24/7. Luckily my job requires dealing with a classroom full of kids all day and I didn't have time to be tired so I eventually overcame it.

Mipsy
14-02-17, 14:08
I'm fatigued but the consultant I see for my heart said given I work in education, I'm a single mum, I've just moved house - no wonder I'm fatigued. Anxiety also takes your energy away. Im sure stress is a main factor. To rule out anything ask for bloods to be done, as it could be something which is easily treated like a B12 deficiency.