PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned about tv radiation?

Ryank65
13-02-17, 04:26
I'm 22. We have a big smart tv hanging on our wall in our living room. My bed is exactly on the other side of the wall about 2 feet from the wall, where the smart tv is hanging. Should I move my bed and should I be concerned about getting cancer from sleeping there for a year now? I'm worried that I've screwed myself. I've read online that smart TVs give off radiation because it's always connecting to the wifi. Is that true and does anyone have any information or insight. It would be very helpful thank you

Clydesdale Epona
13-02-17, 08:11
My brother in law has a pretty huge 47 inch and for years he slept on the sofa, and it never affected him, I wouldn't worry about it x

All the best :hugs:

Ultimatejourney
13-02-17, 18:54
I think we'd know if there was enough radiation coming from electronics to cause cancer. There would be studies that confirmed it.

Dave1
14-02-17, 05:22
This is an interesting question, I've sometimes sat at my computer with the Wifi router behind me, thinking 'the video I'm streaming from the internet is going right through me', so I Googled it:
And here's the answer (http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/05/19/a-radiation-oncologist-says-everything-you-need-to-hear-about-wifi-and-cancer-risk/#5591504945bf)
(As you might have guessed the radiation turns out to be harmless)