PDA

View Full Version : Update, diet, half term and op date

KatiePink
13-02-17, 11:17
Hi all

It's half term which means i have a full week off! Very much needed and whilst i plan on getting a few things done i will be making the most of relaxing and staying in my pyjamas too! :D The kids were wild on the last day of school.. lots of 11-16 year olds jumping around like monkeys, but let me tell you i was far more excited that it was half term. I basically skipped out of there.

Last time i posted i said i had surgery coming up well i got the date through last week for the beginning of March.. mixed feelings really i was terrified that it was sooner than i expected, but also happy as i want it over and done with. Like i said last time i'm not going to go in to what the op is because there's not much need but for all the ladies lets just say it's the last place you would want an op :weep: :scared10:

I've spoke with my doctor about my fears(general anesthetic) he was great as always and basically said the only thing i need to concentrate on is not worrying!

I've been doing well with my health anxiety, not 100% 'over it' but definitely better. I'm so busy in the week with work that i don't have time for it, but one thing i have noticed is how tired i am all the time so decided to switch up my diet a few weeks back. I eat quite healthy anyway, but i don't get enough fruit or water still, i mainly eat a lot of veg and carbs like pasta, rice, potatoes.
It really did help, i noticed the difference in energy levels and lethargy, but let me tell you carbs must be addictive because i craved them constantly!

This weekend i've not done a single thing, and i can feel myself getting achey and stiff, and a bit of anxiety creeping in! That's how easy it is! So my plan for today is productivity and some happy music on whilst i clean up, cleaning is the last thing that i ever want to do so i have to trick myself into thinking that i WANT to do it.

I'll be on here more this week now i have the time, hoping to catch up with everyone :yesyes:

Oh and when is it going to warm up :nonono:

Annie0904
13-02-17, 12:06
I am pleased you don't have long to wait for your op. It will all be over with ready for you to enjoy the warmer weather (if we ever get any!).

ServerError
13-02-17, 15:00
Based on your posting history, you've made huge progress. More than I think you realise. You're another example of just how much better a person can get. Sounds to me like you're doing everything right. Posts like this tend not to get a lot of replies, but I hope plenty of people read it and are inspired to get cracking on their own progress.

Oh, and carbs! I love carbs. I recently stopped eating most carbs with the exception of pasta. I basically decided if I was going to eat them, I was only going to eat my favourite one. Honestly, I think life without pasta would be so miserable.

KatiePink
13-02-17, 16:45
Based on your posting history, you've made huge progress. More than I think you realise. You're another example of just how much better a person can get. Sounds to me like you're doing everything right. Posts like this tend not to get a lot of replies, but I hope plenty of people read it and are inspired to get cracking on their own progress.

Oh, and carbs! I love carbs. I recently stopped eating most carbs with the exception of pasta. I basically decided if I was going to eat them, I was only going to eat my favourite one. Honestly, I think life without pasta would be so miserable.

Thanks Server

Honestly, I think life without pasta would be so miserable.

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes: I agree, pasta is life!