PDA

View Full Version : Constant Physcial Spaced Out Sensation

Beth123
13-02-17, 12:21
Hi Guys,

I've been reading these posts for a while now and it really helps me to feel more sane but thought I would write a post.

My anxiety started around 2 years ago and I don't think I've ever fully accepted it. With me, I don't feel particularly anxious the majority of the time but I have this constant tired, spaced out, off balance, weird, hazy eyes feeling, heavy head (best way to describe it), even when I have this I still often feel happy and my normal self but it is still there in the background which scares me so much. The only time I have relief is when I am lying down with my eyes closed. My quality of life has completely gone - I don't want to do anything for worry of it happening and when I am out I am constantly thinking about it. I've had countless blood tests done, ECG, all vitamin levels checked, balance tested etc. but I'm still convinced there is something else going on - my new fear is a brain tumour.

I just don't understand how I can often feel fine in my mood but physically I feel so off and like I'm not here! Does anyone else get this!??

Btw I'm 24 and have also been having CBT therapy for a few months now.

Fishmanpa
13-02-17, 12:28
Sounds like DP/DR (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=106). Actually felt like that a bit on this past Saturday.

Positive thoughts

almamatters
13-02-17, 13:02
Hi, you have my sympathy, I've been experiencing this on and off for a number of years. It's a horrible feeling and it's took me a long long time to accept it's anxiety, I've been down the brain tumour route as well ( didn't have one ,but had loads of unnecessary tests to convince myself i didnt) . I had a doctor tell me it was DP/DR and excess of adrenalin in my system which I now believe is the case. I was advised to practice correct breathing, good posture, exercise and distraction techniques. It's a horrible sensation and one I find very scary but it's not life threatening and it does pass. Take Care.

Beth123
13-02-17, 14:05
Hi almamatters,

Thanks for the advice. This has definitely been my worst symptom and seems to just come and go all day in any situation! Not one thing in particular tends to trigger it which I think makes me question it being anxiety. Like for example if I got it just in social situations etc. then I would get it but it's so random!
Sometimes I'm able to cope with it and carry on my day but it can get so severe where I just need to sit/lie down until it passes. I think my fear of it doesn't help either.

almamatters
14-02-17, 08:10
Hi almamatters,

Thanks for the advice. This has definitely been my worst symptom and seems to just come and go all day in any situation! Not one thing in particular tends to trigger it which I think makes me question it being anxiety. Like for example if I got it just in social situations etc. then I would get it but it's so random!
Sometimes I'm able to cope with it and carry on my day but it can get so severe where I just need to sit/lie down until it passes. I think my fear of it doesn't help either.

Yes along with adrenalin rushes it's probably my worst symptom, I'm a lot better now I know what it is, i was convinced I had a terrible illness and it's only through this site I learnt about physical symptoms of anxiety. I refused to believe my doctor lol.

I do tend to panic when I get it in social situations as I'm scared of falling over or fainting , people can look at you and not even realise there is anything wrong, that to me is the weird bit.

Im also attending CBT and i have been told to go with the feeling, realise it can't hurt you and wait for it to subside, not that easy though is it! Take Care. :)

Serphenia
14-02-17, 09:07
I have anxiety. I know all my symptoms very well.

One thing that can cause me to feel spaced out dizzy off balance is when my sinuses act up. They affect my ears which is what I believe causes the symptoms.

I have been thinking about getting a sleep study done after my friend had one and found out it was sleep apnea that was the reason he was tired all the time

He's fit and in his 20s so no one thought that could be the reason.

Anxiety too can make you feel not your self.like you're some how detached or separate from what's going on around you.

I often find it very very hard to concentrate asy mind tends to race a lot which I think is a weird way to distract myself from how I'm really feeling.

My train of thought is even if my symptoms are being caused by something other than anxiety , likey sinus issues making me dizzy. Getting anxious and scared is only going to make me feel even worse.

Beth123
14-02-17, 10:54
I have anxiety. I know all my symptoms very well.

One thing that can cause me to feel spaced out dizzy off balance is when my sinuses act up. They affect my ears which is what I believe causes the symptoms.

I have been thinking about getting a sleep study done after my friend had one and found out it was sleep apnea that was the reason he was tired all the time

He's fit and in his 20s so no one thought that could be the reason.

Anxiety too can make you feel not your self.like you're some how detached or separate from what's going on around you.

I often find it very very hard to concentrate asy mind tends to race a lot which I think is a weird way to distract myself from how I'm really feeling.

My train of thought is even if my symptoms are being caused by something other than anxiety , likey sinus issues making me dizzy. Getting anxious and scared is only going to make me feel even worse.

That's interesting as for years I have suffered from standard allergy symptoms which affect me all year round - I think it could be dust/hay fever. But allergy's can lead to sinus problems, so maybe that is something to get checked out.

Although deep down I do still think it probably is just anxiety - I always seem to be looking for some other cause, and then I rule that out and I'm looking for the next. I just need to try fully accept it's anxiety!! Although I feel calm & happy right now but still have this weird hazy, blurry vision & lots of floaters which makes it so difficult to concentrate & believe!!

Charlton
15-02-17, 00:36
I have chronic sinusitis AND anxiety so any sinus related lightheadedness is amplified by the anxiety x10.

Blonde123
28-02-17, 11:45
Hi
Im currently having an episode where I feel funny in my head - I don't feel like Im going to faint or fall and I don't have any visual problems but I feel sort of odd for a split second its almost like Im going to be dizzy but Im actually not if that makes sense. Its freaking me out though and makes me feel like theres something seriously wrong with me. I can be very calm and not feeling anxious and then when this happens my anxiety kicks in. Does anyone else have this? Im in a really good place in my life but these dizzy spells make me nervous. Ive done a lot of flight recently and since October Ive either had a cold, runny nose or cough. Never had any time off work or seen the Dr but Im wondering if I have sinus problems but without necessarily feeling ill or having a runny nose? Anyone else like this??

Rmp123
28-02-17, 20:09
I have this exact same problem! I'm 23 (24 in two days) and lately I've been getting these really weird bouts of just feeling out of it. Like if I look at my hands sometimes I feel like they aren't my hands?! And if I do things like watch TV sometimes I find it hard to fully concentrate on it. I don't even feel particularly anxious before so it doesn't feel like a trigger but then when I start to feel like this I get anxious and panic because it's such a strange sensation. I get the same brain tumour fear as well as I have had the same pain in my head for ages and fullness/crackling/popping in my ears. My doctor just says it's cluster or tension headaches. I really want a scan of my brain to check for anything dangerous but they are so reluctant to and they just pass everything off as anxiety although I am pretty sure that all it is is anxiety, as it manifests itself in very strange ways and gives you so many weird symptoms.

Blonde123
19-03-17, 10:06
It's awful isn't it. I wish I could go back to when everything felt normal