PDA

View Full Version : Felt my underarm nodes again.

scared88
13-02-17, 19:14
After doing relatively OK for few months now I felt my nodes in my armpit. The one in my right armpit feels bigger than it usually does, I think.
I've had enlarged nodes for close to 10 years now (later this year) and I'm so worried that it is some dormant cancer that is just waiting to spread. Doctors don't think so though but the node I felt feels so big.

Fishmanpa
13-02-17, 19:58
I've had enlarged nodes for close to 10 years now ....Doctors don't think so though but the node I felt feels so big.

Perception vs. Reality ;)

Positive thoughts

PASchoolSyndrome
13-02-17, 22:17
You're not alone but you need to trust your doctors. I think my nodes are HUGE but in reality my doctor doesn't even think twice about them. I will go weeks without touching one and then will and my heart drops because I think it grew - but when brought to the attention of my doctor he'll think it actually shrunk!

scared88
13-02-17, 22:40
You're not alone but you need to trust your doctors. I think my nodes are HUGE but in reality my doctor doesn't even think twice about them. I will go weeks without touching one and then will and my heart drops because I think it grew - but when brought to the attention of my doctor he'll think it actually shrunk!

That's my problem. It feels so huge, I'd say 2-3 cm or even bigger. I haven't had them felt by a professional for a while now. Maybe it's time if they are really growing.

Where are your huge nodes?

PASchoolSyndrome
13-02-17, 23:08
If you really think they have grown always follow up. However if they've been swollen for as long as you say they have been then that's a really good, benign sign. Fishmanpa nails it on the head there is a huge difference of perception vs reality!

I first noticed one on my neck, but I actually have an entire chain down my neck and multiple on the other side. I have a few on my groin as well. I must stress that to me they feel huge (the one I first noticed on the back of my neck especially) but to experienced professionals they are just merely palpable.

scared88
14-02-17, 16:48
If you really think they have grown always follow up. However if they've been swollen for as long as you say they have been then that's a really good, benign sign. Fishmanpa nails it on the head there is a huge difference of perception vs reality!

I first noticed one on my neck, but I actually have an entire chain down my neck and multiple on the other side. I have a few on my groin as well. I must stress that to me they feel huge (the one I first noticed on the back of my neck especially) but to experienced professionals they are just merely palpable.

I'm not sure cause to me they have always felt huge. It's difficult to feel how big the biggest one is but I feel like I can fit two fingertips on top of it. I also have enlarged nodes in my groin, both sides, but very small. Luckily nothing in my neck.

PASchoolSyndrome
14-02-17, 19:10
It is very normal to feel nodes, especially if you're thin. The groin ones are actually very common. If you have a large one it's good to get it checked out but if they've been that big for a very long time it seems pretty benign. It would either keep growing or you would start to feel sick or not even be with us by now!