PDA

View Full Version : vomiting due to anxiety

steptoe
13-02-17, 20:17
Hi there, i am very new having joined last week...this weekend has brought things to a head...i have a high pressure job and am leading a project and have had to ask to stop being the lead.

my anxiety manifests itself with a nervous cough which usually leads on to me vomiting...typically this happens first thing in the morning and then i am relatively ok during the rest of the day. last week it happened 5 out of 7 days and it is totally draining and demoralizing.

It is only work really that causes me to feel really anxious...i am looking for another job but it takes time..

I have been taking Citalopram for years but have today been put on Propanol too

does anyone else have there anxiety lead to vomiting...

Fishmanpa
13-02-17, 21:00
At the peak of dealing with my wife's illness I had a few occasions where I'd cough and gag first thing in the morning. It's not unusual to feel queasy and such when you're really stressed out.

Thank goodness for Xanax!

Positive thoughts

GlassPinata
14-02-17, 02:39
Hi there, i am very new having joined last week...this weekend has brought things to a head...i have a high pressure job and am leading a project and have had to ask to stop being the lead.

my anxiety manifests itself with a nervous cough which usually leads on to me vomiting...typically this happens first thing in the morning and then i am relatively ok during the rest of the day. last week it happened 5 out of 7 days and it is totally draining and demoralizing.

It is only work really that causes me to feel really anxious...i am looking for another job but it takes time..

I have been taking Citalopram for years but have today been put on Propanol too

does anyone else have there anxiety lead to vomiting...

Very rarely. I have vomited, but it is rare.
Much more often, anxiety causes me to get severe bowel cramps and diarrhea. I am pretty sure I have IBS and have had since i was a teenager (never been officially diagnosed with it).
I only vomit, though, when my anxiety causes me to have a lot of acid in my stomach. It is the worst, though. I hate it.

:weep:

beatroon
15-02-17, 18:21
Hi there,

You're not alone - I have experienced this, mornings particularly, when anxiety is sky-high. I also take Citalopram and in the past have had Pregabalin too. It goes away when the anxiety recedes.

I hope it goes away quickly for you! x

steptoe
15-02-17, 19:25
thank you all....it helps to know it isnt just me if that makes sense...

at least my Propanol isnt yet giving me side effects.

i wish i could find some sort of coping strategy to take my mind of it when i start getting worked up....it comes on so quickly i struggle to manage anything until its too late !

beatroon
15-02-17, 19:35
Hmm, how did I manage it? I think I went and stood in the kitchen or near a sink, so as not to be caught short, and did breathing exercises. Just positive thinking, like: you don't need to vomit, it's just the anxiety, you don't need to vomit, etc etc etc until it passes.