PDA

View Full Version : Red in stool

titch
14-02-17, 10:01
Sorry this is t.m.i post Sometimes when I go the loo there is some red tiny dots in it. Not all the time and I have to put the light on my phone to see them I'm getting abit obsessed with checking. I think maybe it could be what I eat? As we eat a lot of chopped tomatoes passatta and tomato purée in meals. But obviously my head is off on one thinking it's something worse.

rainbow
14-02-17, 10:58
Hi, I've had this over the years and I'm sure it is down to food. Normally it wouldn't worry me but six months ago I noticed it and it has kicked off a huge anxiety spiral.

Are you going to see your gp about it?

Phuzella
14-02-17, 10:58
Yes you're obsessed. Stop checking :)

titch
14-02-17, 11:15
I am obsessed, I go away Friday and between now and then have zero time to go. Mum says if it was something bad it would be a lot worse and would be all the time. I tried to check to see if I could see anything but I don't even know what I'm looking for. I'm petrified to be honest

CeeCeeCee
14-02-17, 11:22
Hi Titch, I can honestly say that it will likely be the food you've eaten. Especially tomatoes or red peppers. If you have a quick transition of food through your body, then it will be more evident. The skin is hard to digest and often shows up. Obviously if you are still worried after a while then go to the docs, until then, force yourself to ignore it and not to look. Just flush and leave the room. If you go over your last few days of meals and it has contained some red food, that will be the reason almost certainly, in my opinion. Hope this helps :-)

titch
14-02-17, 11:36
Thank you for your reply. It's so scary. Like I said it's not all the time just sometimes which makes me think it is food related because if it was anything to serious it would be a lot and ok the time x

Kay8010
14-02-17, 12:33
I had a bout with this last year........tomatoes and peppers and the main culprits and they can smear (looking as if its blood)....it is scary but if you inspect too much you will find all sorts (just talking from experience)...

titch
14-02-17, 12:54
Thank you for your reply. It's actually there which is what's scary because usually anxiety is just in your head if that makes sense x

Fishmanpa
14-02-17, 13:04
Ahhh yes... a poo thread :)

Ok... just take a moment to really think about this. All the things you eat in the course of a couple of days has to travel through your body. Some of which may digest and some of which may not. Then there's the fact that we all don't poo #4 on the Bristol Stool Chart. Anxious people in particular are all over the place. There's bound to be something that didn't quite get totally digested before exiting. No more, no less.

Careful shining your phone light into the loo. Don't want to drop it! ;) And no pics please!

Positive thoughts and poo threads.

titch
14-02-17, 13:28
Haha fishmanpa that made me laugh! Indeed a poo thread. Thank you for helping me see it from abnormal point of view and not an anxious mind.