PDA

View Full Version : Why oh WHY???

minny
24-10-04, 17:58
After nearly 2 months of not drinking, Ive had a drink. Just like I predicted... 1 glass led to another and now Im looking at a bottle that is one glass away from being empty. Things are good in my life at the moment so why??? Im so disappointed with myself. The way I feel at the moment, I just want to get smashed outa my face but nothing has happened to make me feel this way.

I feel like Im going round in rings! I thought I was getting better.

I trust your opinions and views.

Love Minny...xxx

I have NOT failed!! Ive succeeded in finding 1000 solutions that dont work! :o)

Karen
24-10-04, 18:08
Hi Minny

You have been doing so well and 2 months is a long time. Try to remember that achievement. This is just a blip and you can come back from this.

I understand how you feel to a degree because I have been struggling to control my self harming. I have been using this coping mechanism for a number of years, and was harming myself daily a couple of months ago. I started getting better at controlling the urge to harm, but in the last couple of weeks I have slipped back again.

I have been harming myself today and feel very disappointed with myself and annoyed that I can't control it better.

I think you have been so strong to give up drinking as you have. It might seem like being back at square one, but it isn't. This is just one day. You have done it once, and I am sure you can do it again. You are getting better.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
24-10-04, 18:50
Hi Minny

You are doing so well with the alcohol and there is nothing worng with having a few glasses of wine. What matters now is what you decide to do next?

Are you going to carry on drinking or was this just a one-off?

I too am off the booze again after going back on it for only 1 week. This time the doc wants me to stop for 3 weeks and then go back for more blood tests.

I have found it really hard at the weekend and the bottle of wine is stitting there calling me to lol. We have loads of wine in the house so it is hard to miss it!

I found that it wasn't so much the alcohol that I missed but the "having a glass of wine or beer". So, what I did was buy some alcohol free wine, some alcohol free lager and some grape juice drink. If I sit with a wine glass full of something then psychologically I feel better.

You have done so well this far and I am sure that you can stop again tomorrow or at least cut down to just a few glasses a week.

Sometimes we just fancy something (like chocolate lol) and we have to give in and have it. Drink the wine then stop there and don't open anymore.

Good luck and I am sure you can get back on track again ok?

Nicola

seh1980
24-10-04, 18:51
hi Minny,

Like Briary says it's probably just a blip. 2 months is a long time to go without a drink so you should still be proud of yourself!! Is there a certain reaon why you have quit drinking?

Sarah :D

minny
24-10-04, 18:58
Hi all!

I hope it is just a blip as I cant think of anything that has made me turn to drink. The thing that bothered me most is that I just feel like crying and want to get smashed. Not good. Ive drank the last glass of the offending bottle and Ive opened another. Im drinking as I type this and the worsed thing is that I have no reason. Well I cant think of one anyway. Ive been feeling so positive lately too.

Dunno what to do now.

Thankyou all for listening.

Love Minny...xx

minny
24-10-04, 19:14
Yes there was a good reason for me giving up drinking Sarah.
I was drinking to block thoughts and to avoid facing issues that needed facing. I was drinking up to 4 bottles of wine a day. At the moment Im halfway through my second bottle.
I suppose my downfall could be put down to the fact that my past has come back to haunt me which explains the removal of my pic in the members pics forum. I was recognised and its forced me to face certain aspects of my past that Id rather forget.
Im not sure wether that explains my drinking today though. It might do but I cant be sure. Sorry if Im rambling but I am (sorry to say) drunk.

:(

Love Minny...xx

davebrum
24-10-04, 19:19
minny
im sure we all ahve a drink here i know i do so you fell or jumped off the wagon once - with the disapline you have shown in giving it up for 2 months you can do it again dont beat yourself up over one slip - i shouldnt laugh but how was the hang over kiddo? lol
i need the blood of a new born baby to kick start me when ive had too much lol
please dont beat your self up over one slip

love david xx

BE YOURSELF, ALL THE COLOURS YOU ARE

Rennie1989
24-10-04, 20:28
ow no minny, dont be too upset

im pleased u went for 2 months without alcohol! just have a glass every other day etc.

well done for not drinking for 2 months, it is an achievment

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Sue
25-10-04, 13:40
Hi Minny,

Sorry you had a bad day yesterday, how are you feeling today?

Sue

lainey
25-10-04, 14:14
Hi Minny

Hope you are feeling better today. You must think of yesterday as a blip as you have done so well not drinking or smoking for 2 months, quite an achievement in my book!

Today is a bright new day.
Take care chuck

Elaine x

minny
25-10-04, 19:22
Thankyou everyone for your support and for being there! Im feeling much better today (no hangover!!) but I was feeling good yesterday too which is what makes all this so frustrating!

I know I can do this but I cant help thinking maybe Ive pushed myself a bit too hard too soon. I should have addressed the problems which led me to drink BEFORE I quit drinking and not afterwards.

All of your opinions matter to me and I feel better for each and every one of your replies!

Ok back to the drawing board! I have not had a drink today! I may have one tomorrow or I may not! I think a more relaxed approach on my part is needed.

Thanks again all of you! :)

Love Minny...xxx

Karen
25-10-04, 19:28
Hi Minny

I'm glad you are feeling better today.

It is a good attitude to have to see yesterday as a blip and to get up and carry on. Well done.

I think you are right to take one day at a time. I need to apply that attitude to my self harm problem.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
25-10-04, 19:44
Good news about the hangover!!

When I drunk after only 11 days off the booze I got very drunk very quickly and felt bad the next day lol.

Keep up the positive attitude ok?

xx

Nicola

lainey
25-10-04, 22:29
Hi Minny

So glad you are feeling better today you have such a good attitude to the situation. keep up the good work and take one day at a time.

Take care

Elaine xxx

Bo
26-10-04, 15:37
Hi Minny, I spent 17 years, married to an alcoholic and am at this point and old guy so I have some knowledge in this area.... There are a million, million reasons for you and her to drink. There is only one (1) reason not to, it will screw up the lives of the people you care about as well as yourself... Not kind I know but having been through the problem myself, it isn't a kind problem.. Put the stuff down, leave it alone and be happy... Like you have read before, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." Yesterday is history, leave it and be there for your future... I really wish you the best in you effort. At least you recognize you have a problem in that you have come here seeking help. My ex has yet to see the problem... That is half the battle... now,,, good luck winning the war.... Bo

jo-jo
26-10-04, 21:23
Hi Minny

OK so you had a drink, but it doesn't mean that you're going to have one today or tomorrow or the next day. You've done so well and 2 months was a fantastic achievement, so you know that you're capable of doing it again. Just don't let what happened the other day give you an excuse to do it again. Take each day as it comes and know that you have the strength to do this.

Lots of love Jo xx

minny
26-10-04, 22:03
Thankyou! Everyone!!! :)

Love Minny...xxxx

sal
27-10-04, 01:40
Hi Minny

It is hard as i am where you are but you are miles ahead of me and have achieved so much more.

Blips and hard times do come along but we get through them and you did it once and will do it again. Relying on wine how you did for one nights is no waya failure as while you were doing it you recongised that it wasnt right for you after you had done so well.

Seeing is believing, believing is knowledge.

I can only give you praise for how wel you have done

Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
03-11-04, 01:03
Hi Minny,

How are you getting on hun? Let us know, ok?

minny
03-11-04, 12:14
Hi everyone!

Sorry Ive not been around much lately! I had a bit of a rough week following the drinking episode followed by a quiet period of reflection! Ive also been looking after my friend whos just had a baby and is suffering from severe post natal depression so thats kep me busy. It also got me out of my agoraphobic rut! :) Focusing on someone and something else has definately helped me. Ive pointed her towards this site when she feels ready.

Ive still got a long way to go as Ive discovered theres no quick and easy fix but Im getting there. Things are improving and I thank you all for being there for me!

I hope all of you here are well... Love to you all! :)

To all the newcomers.... A big hello and welcome!

See you all around the forums! :D

Love and a big hug.....Minny...xxxx

Meg
03-11-04, 14:28
Good to hear from you Minny,

..and even better to hear you're out and about helping others and over that alcohol episode

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

Karen
03-11-04, 14:30
Hi Minny

I'm glad to hear things are improving for you. No one can do it all overnight, it takes time but you will get there.

Karen

seh1980
04-11-04, 17:03
hey Minny,

I'm so happy to hear how much better you seem to be doing. You are right, when we focus on someone else's problems, we seem to forget about our own. I have experienced that as well. Take care.