PDA

View Full Version : Meds...

C4therine
15-02-17, 03:08
I have taken 100mg sertraline (at 5pm), 40 mg of propranolol (at 2am), 500mg paracetamol at 2.30am and 75mg of dispersible aspirin at 2.35am... my rational brain is telling me that as I am a young healthy woman I will be fine!

My irrational brain is saying I have done the wrong thing and the meds will mix and something bad is going to happen.

I took the aspirin in the first place because I worry about strokes... I know it sound ridiculous. I don't often take aspirin I think the last time I did was back three years ago.

Just want to know that I will likely be ok?

Or what can I do to help myself?i have tried drinking a big cup of water so that hopefully all this medication will flush out of my system a bit quicker? But I dunno

Dave1
15-02-17, 03:38
Hi Catherine,

If you're having trouble sleeping I can recommend some really soporific reading:

Go to this site:
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/

Search for every medication you've taken, then scroll down to paragraph 4.5 called 'Interaction with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction' and read what it says. I had a quick look through all your meds, and, as you might already have guessed, I couldn't see any interactions whatsoever between what you've taken.

Disclaimer: I know nothing.

montys
15-02-17, 05:23
Also did a quick search on the internet for these combinations and nothing came up.

In the future though, think about avoiding meds that aren't prescribed or at least monitored by a doctor (in this case, aspirin). You can ask a primary care provider if you're at risk for a stroke to address any anxieties you have about that. Since you're young, you're probably not at risk, and even if you are, risk for stroke can also be decreased considerably through lifestyle changes.

Ultimatejourney
15-02-17, 19:06
You can call your pharmacy/chemist and ask them if any of those drugs interact.