PDA

View Full Version : Heart racing at night, health anxiety coming back

willous1
15-02-17, 11:19
Hi all,

A couple of months back 2 nights in a row I hooke up to a racing heart. I didn't get it again so my fear calmed down. Last night I was woken up and it happened again, my heart was racing but I got back to sleep. I had some prosecco last night for valentines day so know that may be something to do with it. I've also just had a job interview even though I'm working and feel more anxious lately. I don't want to Google but am worried. Anyone else get this?

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

Anyone

willous1
15-02-17, 19:46
Why am I the only one that people ignore on here. Just want to know if anyone else had this. Is there a site where people want to help.

bingjam
15-02-17, 20:13
Just know that your deffo not alone with this. Fast heartheartbeats have made my anxiety come back really bad,

I avoid alcohol all the time now as it just messes my anxiety up something rotton.

Alcohol and anxiety don't mix for me.

willous1
15-02-17, 20:15
Thank you bingjam, I had my health anxiety under control until this. It's slightly fast tonight. Going to quit any alcohol and cut down on coke and tea to see if it helps.

bingjam
15-02-17, 20:19
Yeah anything with caffeine knocks me off too.... I sometimes fancy a mug of coffee and think it won't hurt..... I always regret it as by the evening I feel awful with anxiety...

Also with regards to the replies, I sometimes post and get no replies, it's sometimes just one of them things ��

Hope you start to feel better soon...

willous1
15-02-17, 20:28
Really appreciate your reply, thank you. I think I was just frustrated as see this place as a safe haven.dont have anyone to talk to about my health anxiety and don't like to tell my partner/family as they went through enough with me before.

Ethansmom
15-02-17, 20:47
I totally understand! My heart is constantly racing. It's terrible because I also getting the skipped beats/flutters which makes me fear them anymore. I am here if you ever want to talk!

Fishmanpa
15-02-17, 20:51
Hey Sean,

You've been around long enough to know that reassurance is only a band aid. Usually I'll reply but that would be feeding your anxiety and I know you well enough not to do that ;) All I say is... You got this man! Don't let it bring you down!

Positive thoughts