PDA

View Full Version : Hi

evensis
15-02-17, 11:29
Hi to all!

Long term sufferer of anxiety and panic attacks, all spurred on by skipped heartbeats. Been particularly bad the last year after spotting a small lump at the back of my nose (no adenoids, so can get my tongue back there which some might think eww! :-) ). That eventually disappeared, but from there has spread onto various cancers (insert cancer here probably thought I had it). Realised I've had stress/anxiety related prostatitis for the last 9 months, cured by going on holiday to Florida (from UK) so needless to say I definately have a problem with this anxiety crap and it consumes me, drives the missus up the wall but shes super supportive none the less.

Had a scintilating scotoma (without the headache), pretty interesting light show but was in full panic attack mode at the time so immediate thoughts were straight to brain tumor, stroke etc. But suffered from visual snow for the last decade+, and it started with one of the weird blue dots i get in my vision occasionally but went into a textbook migraine aura. Needless to say has set my anxiety on overdrive again as first time I had experienced it :doh:!

Anyway, I've gotten pretty good at keeping panic attacks at bay (apart from if its something new!), so thought I may well be able to help others with some of this knowledge. And perhaps when my anxiety (or rather hypochondria) is on overdrive, could seek some help too!

venusbluejeans
15-02-17, 11:43
Hiya evensis and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Panicer
15-02-17, 12:01
Hi evensis and welcome to the forum. I'm just a newbie myself but have found the information on here brilliant at helping me with panic attacks, anxiety and the new experience of taking an anti depressant (Fluoxetine) for the first time.

Bigboyuk
15-02-17, 12:14
:welcome: to NMP evensis you find a very supportive community here :) Enjoy