PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a heart attack to you?

JustBenn
15-02-17, 13:23
Hey, hope all is well.

I was lying in bed for a while after waking up checking my phone and all the a sudden i had this stinging pain on the left side of my lower chest with slight pressure and it hurt every time i took in breaths. the pain was under a minute I was waiting for it to go, but it didnt go until a got out of bed and sat up. then it went.

I'm 23, have been eating fast food every day for the last 2 weeks or so, this is why I am a bit concerned, i wouldnt be otherwise.

Fishmanpa
15-02-17, 13:27
I always say that you wouldn't be posting here if it were a real heart attack. I've had two... I have an intimate understanding of what it's like. Perhaps improving your diet would help.

Positive thoughts

NancyW
15-02-17, 13:41
I apologize for my bluntness ahead of time...

What part of your concern over your heart is telling you it's ok yo eat fast food everyday for the last 2 weeks?

That's mind-boggling to me.

I doubt you're having a heart attack right now but you're on a fast track to having one in the future.

JustBenn
15-02-17, 13:45
I always say that you wouldn't be posting here if it were a real heart attack. I've had two... I have an intimate understanding of what it's like. Perhaps improving your diet would help.

Positive thoughts

So sorry to hear you have had two heart attacks and i'm happy you have survived both. :)

I'm going to the docs anyway to see what I was experiencing, my thoughts are leaning towards maybe angina or pulmonary embolism, hopefully not as these sound pretty serious and i'm not that terribly fat, just ate a lot recently.

SLA
15-02-17, 13:46
my thoughts are leaning towards maybe angina or pulmonary embolism

Yeh, mine too.

JustBenn
15-02-17, 13:50
I apologize for my bluntness ahead of time...

What part of your concern over your heart is telling you it's ok yo eat fast food everyday for the last 2 weeks?

That's mind-boggling to me.

I doubt you're having a heart attack right now but you're on a fast track to having one in the future.

It's okay, truth be told and all that, needed to hear it anyways.
It's only because of my friend he doesnt take no for an answer, and I give in when he always offers to pay for the food just so i'd come along.

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Yeh, mine too.

Cheers mate feel so much better now

SLA
15-02-17, 13:52
I didnt really think that. Sorry.:)

The fact it went when you sat up means its neither of those.

Eat better.

PASchoolSyndrome
15-02-17, 13:55
Sounds like indigestion.

Cut the fast food!

JustBenn
15-02-17, 13:56
I didnt really think that. Sorry.:)

The fact it went when you sat up means its neither of those.

Eat better.

Hmm don't believe you now. :D

Off course, Still the first part of new year to start a healthy lifestyle.

PASchoolSyndrome
15-02-17, 14:06
Not judging on the fast food - btw. Fast food is my favorite type of food.

BUT. It's not good for you. Cut it out, I bet that pain won't come back.

JustBenn
15-02-17, 14:12
Not judging on the fast food - btw. Fast food is my favorite type of food.

BUT. It's not good for you. Cut it out, I bet that pain won't come back.

Same here, and believe me I know, but my mindset is like meh, i'm still young and you only live once, nothing will happen, slightly naive but in situations like these, seems like i'm more worried about my health than I once thought.

PASchoolSyndrome
15-02-17, 14:17
I feel you. I'm trying to make it so that fast food or restaurant food is more of my treat/exception, not the norm.

I wouldn't worry about this particular instance though.

JustBenn
15-02-17, 14:22
I feel you. I'm trying to make it so that fast food or restaurant food is more of my treat/exception, not the norm.

I wouldn't worry about this particular instance though.

Once a week is fine I think, treat yourself, its good to have a cheat day when you bang out the gym too.

NancyW
15-02-17, 14:24
[QUOTE=OCD.SUX;1648075]It's okay, truth be told and all that, needed to hear it anyways.
It's only because of my friend he doesnt take no for an answer, and I give in when he always offers to pay for the food just so i'd come along.[COLOR="blue"]

Lame excuse. YOU are the boss of YOU and by the way, "NO" is a complete sentence.

(sorry, again, my mood today :shades:)