PDA

View Full Version : Thread left in leg after stitches removed!!!!

BrokenGirl
15-02-17, 20:37
I had a mole removed from my leg about 3 months ago (thankfully it was benign :yesyes: ) and about a week later I went to my doctor and she removed the stitches.
It seemed to be healing fine but lately I had noticed what I first thought was maybe a piece of hard skin. But after looking at it closely I'm fairly sure it's a piece of thread sticking out, obviously left over from the stitches.
I tried pulling at it a little bit with a tweezers but it's fairly stuck.
I'm in a panic over it now. It can't do me any real harm, can it??
Should I go back to my doctor to let her have a look at it and pull it out??

Annie0904
15-02-17, 20:39
It should work itself out but you could always have the doctor or nurse check it. It can't do any harm.

KeeKee
15-02-17, 20:42
I'd try not to worry about it. When I had a c section some years ago, the same happened to me. I did pull mine and it came out (not recommended especially if it doesn't come out easily).

I'd probably mention it to your doctor as my stitches were dissolvable so I'm not sure if it would be the same thing however I wouldn't worry about it.

Rhiannon.
15-02-17, 23:11
I agree with everyone else. I doubt it would do any harm but a doctor or nurse would probably be able to remove it for you (or advise you on what, if anything you need to do)

Also, love your avatar. I have a slight (i.e. massive) pug addiction <3

BrokenGirl
16-02-17, 09:36
I agree with everyone else. I doubt it would do any harm but a doctor or nurse would probably be able to remove it for you (or advise you on what, if anything you need to do)

Also, love your avatar. I have a slight (i.e. massive) pug addiction <3

You're like me so. I also have a thing for pugs
They are the cutest dogs in the world :yesyes: