PDA

View Full Version : Rabies fear

Drew1994
16-02-17, 00:33
Im a severe hypochondriac and I am having a big fear with Rabies. Im not sure if rabies exists for my friends in the UK but we have it in the US. One of the first symptoms of rabies is flu like symptoms and yesterday I developed a sore throat and today its still there and it is a minor sore throat but ive been feeling fatigued. I used to live on a farm and about a year ago I was working by the barn and the owner got a colony of bats that lived in the attic and they ate insects every night. I was working in the barn and I had shoes on but I felt a sharp pain in my foot like something bit me but I looked down and did not see anything and I had shoes on. The second concern I have was about 2 months ago when I was at my parents house and one day I noticed I had a pretty deep cut on my finger but I didnt remember anything biting or scratching me and my parents have 4 cats and 4 dogs but they have all been vaccinated against rabies. Should I worry and go to the hospital or is it just a cold?

Clydesdale Epona
16-02-17, 00:38
It's just a cold x

All the best :hugs:

BikerMatt
16-02-17, 00:41
Yep just a cold. Don't worry!

Drew1994
16-02-17, 00:47
Forgot to add that I also checked my temp and no fever last night and today.

Fishmanpa
16-02-17, 00:51
Im a severe hypochondriac

No soup (reassurance) for you! (Seinfeld reference) Nuff said ;)

Positive thoughts

JuliaSugarbaker
16-02-17, 00:55
You realize that about 2 people a year get rabies in the US, right? Don't even give it another thought, seriously.