PDA

View Full Version : So this is just "gas" right?

Buggs
16-02-17, 00:38
I guess I'm just posting looking for a little reassurance. I made the mistake of eating two horribly greasy Mcdoubles and a small fry on an otherwise empty stomach, and I ASSUME I've been paying for it because for a few hours this afternoon it was nothing but constant aches in the center of my chest. The pain wasn't horrible but it was enough to notice that it wasn't going away, and it radiated to the inside of my breasts. (I'm female.) Also had a couple of weird pains between the shoulder blades, in my side, in my lower back, and a feeling of something "stuck" in my throat.

Has anyone had this sort of persistent ache that turned out it was associated with GERD or gas or just being middle aged and not able to handle too much fast food anymore?

Some facts:
I'm super morbid obese. I know I'm at a very high risk for heart problems in the first place, but I was through a gauntlet of tests in 2015 and they all came back normal. EKG'S, heart monitors, an echocardiogram. The heart related anxiety started around that time, and since then I've been put on medication for it.

I'm on anxiety meds and HAVE taken my evening dose just now. Hopefully it'll help.

I've gotten chest pains due to anxiety before but no matter how many times it happens I always wonder....

Blood pressure was a little high the last time I was tested but I was also under a great amount of stress at the time. Otherwise I've never seemed to have a problem with it.

When the pain started I had been doing an extremely complicated tax return for a client at my office, and had been pouring over reciepts for about 5 hours straight. Had just stopped for lunch and boom.

I smoked for about 12 years but have been on the e-cig for about 5.

Kb97
16-02-17, 03:02
Hey well I have the same symptoms when I have fatty foods (not actually been diagnosed with gerd but I very highly suspect I have it). Best thing is to get another health check if you're really that worried about it but as I said it sounds exactly like what I have every few days (I'm not the healthiest of people) and I'm extremely sure it's associated with gerd or a digestion problem of some kind.