PDA

View Full Version : I've just realised I have started 17 threads all on the topic of lymphnodes

Mav
16-02-17, 02:11
How absolutely bloody pathetic of me.

Catherine S
16-02-17, 02:16
Mav, I think you must be the only person who has ever acknowledged that in all my years on this forum. Well done you. That's the first big step to recovery right there. And you're not pathetic, you're just a someone asking for help.

ISB ☺ x

Mav
16-02-17, 02:23
Mav, I think you must be the only person who has ever acknowledged that in all my years on this forum. Well done you. That's the first big step to recovery right there. And you're not pathetic, you're just a someone asking for help.

ISB ☺ x

Thankyou however I do feel absolutely ridiculous looking at my thread history. I really didn't realise it was that many, that is very shocking. I went from not knowing what a swollen lymph node was to obsessing over them every hour of everyday and I guess posting 17 times about those "dreaded" lumps.

I do feel like I'm doing better, I'm sort of stuck in a "fine for two days, an anxious mess for a day", rinse and repeat. I'm getting better, hopefully I'll have access to therapy soon and cope with is all better.

Thankyou though, you made me feel a bit better over my constant threads. X

Catherine S
16-02-17, 02:37
'Rinse and repeat' love that, and it perfectly describes HA. I'm lucky enough now that with age..63..most of my HA has left me. I guess I've got to the point where, after a lifetime of panic I now just think sod it all, but I do remember how bad my anxiety was at its peak, which for me was in my 30s and 40s mostly.

No detriment to our male sufferers, but I do feel stongly that women are very much affected by hormones and an imbalance can lead to symptoms that make us really anxious. When you think about it, how many elderly women do you see having a panic attack? It's usually young to middle age people who suffer the most. I reckon there should be more research into it tbh.

Ok, rambling now sorry Lol!
Take care
ISB ☺ X

Miznuvem0412
16-02-17, 04:45
Don't feel pathetic when you're afflicted by the thought of having a disease you want to have some sense of re-assurance that things will be fine . All my threads have been about insomnia /sleeping problems ��

I never had sleeping problems before , but i do suffer from anxiety

MyNameIsTerry
16-02-17, 05:11
Mav,

If I was assigning your member status, I think I would put you on "Junior" for 17! :winks:

But I think it is great you acknowledge it. That way you see from outside of your anxiety and realise what impact this is having on you. That's a start in recovery.

Carrie8484
16-02-17, 10:39
Stop prodding and poking about for bl00dy lymphnodes!!

Mav
16-02-17, 13:35
'Rinse and repeat' love that, and it perfectly describes HA. I'm lucky enough now that with age..63..most of my HA has left me. I guess I've got to the point where, after a lifetime of panic I now just think sod it all, but I do remember how bad my anxiety was at its peak, which for me was in my 30s and 40s mostly.

No detriment to our male sufferers, but I do feel stongly that women are very much affected by hormones and an imbalance can lead to symptoms that make us really anxious. When you think about it, how many elderly women do you see having a panic attack? It's usually young to middle age people who suffer the most. I reckon there should be more research into it tbh.

Ok, rambling now sorry Lol!
Take care
ISB ☺ X

This definately has some truth to it, I am more anxious around my periods, actually I believe my periods are very affected by my stress levels.

I'm 19 but if I keep this up, I'll die of stress in a couple of years I assume :blush:

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Don't feel pathetic when you're afflicted by the thought of having a disease you want to have some sense of re-assurance that things will be fine . All my threads have been about insomnia /sleeping problems ��

I never had sleeping problems before , but i do suffer from anxiety

:weep: I'm stuck in a cycle of wanting reassurance, not getting enough of it and constantly seeking it from everyone and their mother. I would honestly ask to feel the postmans lymphnodes if it was socially acceptable to ask to perform such a task on a stranger.

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Mav,

If I was assigning your member status, I think I would put you on "Junior" for 17! :winks:

But I think it is great you acknowledge it. That way you see from outside of your anxiety and realise what impact this is having on you. That's a start in recovery.

:blush: I think 17 does deserve a junior status :blush:

Thanks, hope I do improve.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Stop prodding and poking about for bl00dy lymphnodes!!

Oh please, I beg you, come here and tie my hands behind my back to it's impossible for me to touch the stupid thing. -__-

MyNameIsTerry
16-02-17, 13:42
:weep: I'm stuck in a cycle of wanting reassurance, not getting enough of it and constantly seeking it from everyone and their mother. I would honestly ask to feel the postmans lymphnodes if it was socially acceptable to ask to perform such a task on a stranger.

You never know, I'm sure there are plenty who would let you have a feel of a lot more! :winks::D

Oh please, I beg you, come here and tie my hands behind my back to it's impossible for me to touch the stupid thing. -__-

Never heard of Bondage Therapy for anxiety. Hey, maybe that's just another C "BT" that's come out? :yesyes::whiplash:

PASchoolSyndrome
16-02-17, 18:08
Hey Mav, I experienced something today and I thought of you.

I did an interprofessional education things today, where they make med students from different fields of medicine teach each other stuff - to kind of see what it's like in a day of the other profession.

Well - I was with some optometrists today and guess what came up? Lymph nodes! Ugh. So I told them what I told you and myself every time. Is it hard or soft? Freely moveable or fixed? How long? Are you sick?

And guess what. Every single student had palpable lymph nodes. One had the chain just like mine that runs down my neck, one girl had a pretty swollen one behind her ear (she was actually just coming down from a cold) and another had a big one behind her neck which she's had for like 5 years.

And every single one is perfectly healthy.

Just maybe to give you a little reassurance. I'm still in training so I don't get to feel other peoples' lymph nodes too often but it definitely helped me with my anxiety as well!

Mav
16-02-17, 18:17
Hey Mav, I experienced something today and I thought of you.

I did an interprofessional education things today, where they make med students from different fields of medicine teach each other stuff - to kind of see what it's like in a day of the other profession.

Well - I was with some optometrists today and guess what came up? Lymph nodes! Ugh. So I told them what I told you and myself every time. Is it hard or soft? Freely moveable or fixed? How long? Are you sick?

And guess what. Every single student had palpable lymph nodes. One had the chain just like mine that runs down my neck, one girl had a pretty swollen one behind her ear (she was actually just coming down from a cold) and another had a big one behind her neck which she's had for like 5 years.

And every single one is perfectly healthy.

Just maybe to give you a little reassurance. I'm still in training so I don't get to feel other peoples' lymph nodes too often but it definitely helped me with my anxiety as well!

Oh you are so kind to share that with me. That has certainly calmed me down.

I have a few baby (and I do mean baby) peas on the left side of my neck. And then one enlarged, a bit funny shaped, moveable, softish, rubberyish node, about 1.5cm (no bigger than my finger tip) cervical lymph node on my right side.

Rubbery scares me a little but it hasn't grown, and seems a little flatter since I've been applying heat on it and not absolutely molesting my neck and attempting to turn it inside ot (:blush:).

I nodes are more common than we think, it's just most people don't even know what they are usually and forget about any palpable one.

The lady with the large one on her neck for 5 years helps me calm down. I think mine is just an old one that I've decided to find and obsess over. :weep:

PASchoolSyndrome
16-02-17, 18:34
Oh you are so kind to share that with me. That has certainly calmed me down.

I have a few baby (and I do mean baby) peas on the left side of my neck. And then one enlarged, a bit funny shaped, moveable, softish, rubberyish node, about 1.5cm (no bigger than my finger tip) cervical lymph node on my right side.

Rubbery scares me a little but it hasn't grown, and seems a little flatter since I've been applying heat on it and not absolutely molesting my neck and attempting to turn it inside ot (:blush:).

I nodes are more common than we think, it's just most people don't even know what they are usually and forget about any palpable one.

The lady with the large one on her neck for 5 years helps me calm down. I think mine is just an old one that I've decided to find and obsess over. :weep:

Exactly! Most people don't go feeling around for them and those who do feel them probably don't have health anxiety and fixate on it until we're in a fetal position in corner of our rooms! I remember I was feeling a couple of weeks after I noticed the "big one", it too is soft, squishy, movable, flat and maybe the size of my top finger tip. I saw the first GP who said it was normal and then 2 weeks after being calm felt again and there were the baby ones running down my neck. My heart shot up so fast that I basically fainted to the floor.

If you've ever had mono, or the EBV virus, there is chance it could be left over from that and you never even knew you were sick.

I hope you can find a little peace. Being proactive with your health is a good thing, but I'm pretty confident when you finally see you're ENT you'll get another "all clear" and can rest easy!