PDA

View Full Version : Pneumonia Vaccination

Moondreams
16-02-17, 14:14
Hi all,

So, this is actually on behalf of my mum. She's just been diagnosed with diabetes and has been given tablets to take and she needs to check her blood sugar levels twice a day. When she went to the doctors to pick everything up, they also gave her the pneumonia jab which is apparently necessary for all people with diabetes. Her arm hurt for the rest of the day (as happens with jabs) and she started to feel a bit rough. The next day, she felt even worse. She had a temperature and was shivery all day. Today she has been in bed all day trying to shake it.

Is this a normal reaction to pneumonia vaccination? I know that with a lot of jabs, you end up feeling a bit rough because you are being given part of what it's protecting against but this seems kind of extreme. She won't go to the doctors because she thinks it's nothing but I'm concerned. Any personal experience or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Kuatir
16-02-17, 14:33
I know somebody who had their flu jab last year and it made them really rough. I don't think there is much to do apart from wait it out. This sort of thing sdoes happen with vaccinations. For more information called NHS direct on 111 and ask for their advice. They may very well advise a dr visit, but it's worth a go.

Magic
16-02-17, 14:52
You could ring the triage nurse for advice to put your mind at rest.

I had the same jab a few years ago and I was ok. Although I don't have diabetes.