PDA

View Full Version : Sugar & GI symptoms PLEASE RESPOND

violet33
16-02-17, 21:33
Earlier this morning i had eaten a bunch of spearmint leave candies on an empty stomach. They're a gummy consistency & coated in sugar so it was combination of sugar & spearmint. A little while later I got a nasty backache which felt like some type of gas pain. I rested & eventually it calmed down but it frightened me. I'm pretty certain this backache was a reaction to what I ate but what I'm asking here is CAN GAS PAIN OCCUR IN THE BACK? It was mainly the upper back. PLEASE RESPOND AS THIS WHOLE THING MADE ME FRIGHTENED AND ANXIOUS. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Rhiannon.
16-02-17, 21:36
My mother is very fond of telling me that you can even get gas pains in your shoulder!

Clydesdale Epona
17-02-17, 00:42
I've generally been taught that you can get gas pains wherever the gas is, stomach, right side, left side, chest, further behind the belly(in the back) ect.
i'd imagine it would be a body reaction to what you ate and nothing bad especially as it calmed down, also mint does help wind/gas so i find it rather harsh on an empty belly, it also makes your stomach create more acid.
all in all, you can get gas anywhere really x

All the best :hugs: