PDA

View Full Version : I know its anxiety.... I know it's anxiety..... I know it's anxiety

bingjam
16-02-17, 21:37
Ok so recently my anxiety has been horrendous.

It's made me realise how many symptoms or feelings it makes.

My list For the past month.

●Palpitations
● chest pain
● weird head sensations
● breathlessness
● hot flushed
● achyness
● tiredness
● tingling in certain places in my body
● floaty feeling
● head pressure/pains
●dodgy tummy

I'm hoping these aren't all linked totogether to actually make it something bad, I'm trying to ressure myself all the time that it's anxiety and nothing serious which I'm finding really difficult

I'm sure if i Google all the symptoms there will be a death sentence on there somewhere, but I've BANNED myself from googling any sort of symptom
.does anyone else get these feelings? Or any other anxiety feeling?

Ethansmom
16-02-17, 21:44
I have all the same symptoms. We have to call it what it is...anxiety!!

Rhiannon.
16-02-17, 21:48
Hi :)

I get palps, breathlessness, hot flashes, chills, aches, tiredness, tingling in my hands, and dodgey tum.

It's all down to the fight or flight reaction. Our body makes the heart beat fast to get blood where it's needed (to run or fight) which causes the breathlessness and tingling. The dodgey tum is down to the body trying to reduce excess weight for quicker escape. It causes tiredness and aches because once the perceived threat has passed the body is left exhausted from putting all of it's effort into escaping said threat (even when there is none!)

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

Oh, and adding to that, I often find that I become hyper aware of my surroundings. Everything seems too "sharp"

bingjam
16-02-17, 22:05
I just dont understand how I can be doing so well then just go downhill really quickly again, it infuriates me! It's like my life gets ok on hold and it goes by whilst I'm sort of in a bubble..... and i miss a cup of coffee... I stupidly had one this morning and it's been a really bad day for my anxiety.

Just waiting for that little ping in my head and i start getting better again, even if only for a short time

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

And I totally get what you mean by everything seeming sharp... every sound and sight becomes more noticable. I hate that. It feelslike I'm sort of out of my own body

ServerError
16-02-17, 22:12
I just dont understand how I can be doing so well then just go downhill really quickly again

This actually doesn't really matter. Or rather, to try and figure it out will just wear you out and grind you down. It's worth talking it all through with a therapist, but don't waste precious time wondering why sometimes you're anxious and sometimes you're not. It just becomes a never ending chase against something that's always one step ahead of you.

It's the same with the symptoms. If you've had medical advice that you're fine and your issue is anxiety, worrying about each symptom individually is pointless and will do more harm than good. Whether it's palpitation, shortness of breath or abdominal discomfort, if you've been told it's anxiety, then it all goes under that anxiety umbrella and requires the same response - just as, when you have a cold, the sore throat, runny nose and congestion all go under the same "cold virus umbrella". Imagine how much worse a cold would seem if you reacted differently and separately to each individual symptom.

Right now, you're in a pattern that we've seen with plenty of other users - including this one when he first signed up. There are ways out of this, and you can even get out of it permanently. But you're going to have to start taking those steps.

Catherine S
16-02-17, 22:28
I asked my other half, who doesn't suffer with health anx, to look at your list of symptoms and tick off any that he has experienced over the last month. He actually ticked all of them. I didn't know this because he didn't tell me, and that's because he didn't think they were anything to worry about, he just shrugged his shoulders and said he just thought they're a normal part of life. He also said that if a body was completely symptom-free, wouldn't that mean it was no longer alive?

You can obviously see who keeps me on the straight and narrow can't you :D

ISB x

bingjam
17-02-17, 07:59
I asked my other half, who doesn't suffer with health anx, to look at your list of symptoms and tick off any that he has experienced over the last month. He actually ticked all of them. I didn't know this because he didn't tell me, and that's because he didn't think they were anything to worry about, he just shrugged his shoulders and said he just thought they're a normal part of life. He also said that if a body was completely symptom-free, wouldn't that mean it was no longer alive?

You can obviously see who keeps me on the straight and narrow can't you :D

ISB x

Ohwow I never thought of it like that before, can your husband give my husband some advice on go to help me 😂😂😂 that's mademe feel a little better this morning thank you