PDA

View Full Version : Should I go to doctor for breathing problems?

Ryank65
16-02-17, 23:32
I'm a 22 year old male. I am very healthy and workout daily. I used to smoke weed every day for 2 years and used to smoke a cigarette once every other week at the bar for 2 years as well. I haven't smoked in 6 months and the past month I have been noticing a decline in my cardio and lung function. I used to be able to run for a long time and have no problems with breathing when doing exercise. Past month and most recently this past week I have noticed it feels like I can never get a full breath in my lung and constantly feel a shortness of breath. I haven't been able to run as much because I get winded a lot easier which doesn't seem right since I think my cardio should be getting better. I'm concerned about cystic fibrosis or some other bad disease. I don't have any other symptoms other than constant shortness of breath even when I'm not working out and hardly get that feeling when you get a full lung of air feeling that's satisfying. Should I be concerned and go see a doctor? Could it be constant anxiety?

Clydesdale Epona
17-02-17, 00:35
I find this on a regular basis and there's nothing concerning to cause it, my doctor gave me a nose spray to take twice a day which works wonders, not being a professional my best advice would be if you're worrying to go see a doctor for your own sake, but i don't think you should be too alarmed x

All the best :hugs:

GlassPinata
17-02-17, 01:05
I'm a 22 year old male. I am very healthy and workout daily. I used to smoke weed every day for 2 years and used to smoke a cigarette once every other week at the bar for 2 years as well. I haven't smoked in 6 months and the past month I have been noticing a decline in my cardio and lung function. I used to be able to run for a long time and have no problems with breathing when doing exercise. Past month and most recently this past week I have noticed it feels like I can never get a full breath in my lung and constantly feel a shortness of breath. I haven't been able to run as much because I get winded a lot easier which doesn't seem right since I think my cardio should be getting better. I'm concerned about cystic fibrosis or some other bad disease. I don't have any other symptoms other than constant shortness of breath even when I'm not working out and hardly get that feeling when you get a full lung of air feeling that's satisfying. Should I be concerned and go see a doctor? Could it be constant anxiety?

Cystic Fibrosis presents in early childhood, not at 22 years old. In fact, many sufferers are dead by your age, sadly enough, after struggling with the disease for many, many years prior.
I do feel you should see a doctor, not because it's likely to be anything dire (you're too young for lung cancer or emphysema, too old for CF), but because it's probably due to some respiratory infection or virus, or possibly (worst case scenario) asthma, which can appear in adulthood, although it typically appears earlier.
Either way, the doctor should be able to figure it out and set things right.
Best wishes.