PDA

View Full Version : Menstrual psychosis

Creativemum
16-02-17, 23:51
Hello, for years I have been having health anxiety and panic attacks . sometimes I have a lot of panic attacks - say in a week and alongside that will have extreme health anxiety, extreme paranoia and also distorted thinking ( for example - my husband doesn't call me at the right time so I think he has died and will react like he has, tears, screaming etc) - I know ..sounds crazy! I've been keeping a log of how im am every day , I've noticed that when I'm feeling like that it seems to tie in with the week that ovulation would occur , at first I was thinking that I may be bipolar but now I'm thinking it may be some kind of menstrual psychosis . in that week I was feeling really bad - I also thought I saw smoke inside my car but when my husband checked he found nothing, I also see blue lights in that week , and my sense of smell is strange . It seems in that week all my senses were out of control and so was my mind ...I even wrote that I couldn't trust my thoughts as I wasn't sure if they were real or not! . Anyway the last few days I feel "normal" , thinking is clear and I feel good..still got slight health anxiety and been on verges of panic but only a bit and norhi g like I did feel. This seems to be a pattern and also get bad before period too. Does anyone have any thoughts on either menstrual psychosis or possibly hormonal bipolar.
Cheers !