PDA

View Full Version : Tonsil cancer?

lunam
17-02-17, 05:15
Hey guys! I'm not looking for a diagnosis, just a little support. I'm 17 and 3 or 4 weeks ago I had a really bad flu, it took almost a week to fully recover and then straight after that I came down with tonsillitis which I was put on antibiotics for. My tonsils don't have white patches anymore but my right one is still swollen, I also just woke up with a sore throat on the side of the swollen tonsil AND noticed a tiny red spot on it. I shouldn't have googled it but I honestly just wanted to know what it was I never expected cancer to come up, now obviously I'm terrified it could be tonsil cancer. I'm not a smoker or a drinker but have tried once or twice in the past, I'm so worried I can't sleep.
Should I book a doctors appointment later or just wait a few days? I don't know what to do..

lunam
17-02-17, 09:46
Anyone? Sorry if this is annoying lol.

PASchoolSyndrome
17-02-17, 11:14
That's normal for a sore throat when your tonsils get inflammed. You're fine. If it continues call your doctor because the antibiotics may not have fixed it.

lunam
17-02-17, 13:11
That's normal for a sore throat when your tonsils get inflammed. You're fine. If it continues call your doctor because the antibiotics may not have fixed it.

Ah, thank you! I wasn't sure if it was to do with tonsillitis because I thought it had gone completely.

lunam
17-02-17, 19:23
I had a lot of problems when I was your age with my tonsils. I really probably should have had them removed. I remember I had tonsillitis frequently and I had allergies that would make them itch. Today, they don't really affect me but they do appear different than when I was younger. It's like they changed shape/size. However, my doctor was not concerned about them. You'll be okay.

Thanks for the reply! It makes me feel better that your tonsils don't affect you anymore so hopefully mine will be fine too haha. Thankfully I don't have problems with allergies though, that must have been a nightmare!