PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of suicide

bukendaa
17-02-17, 07:26
I'm really mentaly ill and have become a bed bound disabled person. I have no future and my condition gets worse everyday my mind turned on itself in October 2016. I still also have panic attacks along with the severe schizophrenia. I'm only 21 thinking of just saving myself the pain for the next however many years I have left.

ServerError
17-02-17, 07:28
I don't know what help you're currently seeking or whose care you're under, but I suggest you call emergency services and tell them what you've just told us.

bukendaa
17-02-17, 07:30
They will put me in mental health ward where I am still sick and even worse.

Nzxt27
17-02-17, 07:35
You need to relax and take some deep breathes. You need to find someone to talk too. To let out how you feel.

bin tenn
17-02-17, 07:38
It's not worth it. At all. I've lost too many people to suicide, and I must say it's definitely not the route to go. Seek help as soon as possible.

Nzxt27
17-02-17, 07:44
It's not worth it. At all. I've lost too many people to suicide, and I must say it's definitely not the route to go. Seek help as soon as possible.

I agree. Not worth it at all. Not only are you letting people around you down but your letting yourself down. Things are not always jolly in everyone's lifes but just know there is people out there worse off then you who keep on pushing and trying to live a happy life. And most probably do. Only you can change your mindset but I do believe its a one path road and the way your talking is not even on the map!!

AnxiousAbbie
17-02-17, 07:49
I see you're in Australia - please call Lifeline or a similar service as talk to someone ASAP. You can get out of this. You have your whole life ahead of you.

bukendaa
17-02-17, 07:57
No my whole life's not ahead of me I have a team of Drs. My head is really sick from the schizophrenia. Everyday I lay in bed and hear screaming and Can't get thoughts together and live on a cocktail of pills. Only a year ago I was in love with life.

bingjam
17-02-17, 08:03
Please ring one of your helplines, I'm not sure what they are in Australia, but I'm england you can ring them anonymously and just chat with them.
Are you currently on any medication for your schizophrenia? If you are maybe you need to have them changed? Or if not maybe your doctor can try and put you on some to help?
Please don't feel like your only way out is suicide, you've got a whole life ahead of you, and right now your going through a bad patch but It will always get better.

bukendaa
17-02-17, 08:04
On a cocktail of medication. It really isn't getting any better it's been along time.

bingjam
17-02-17, 08:10
Maybe have a talk with your doctor and explain how your feeling and it might be worth trying some other medication. ??

I grew up with just my mum and i can tell you she was so poorly whilst i was growing up with mental health issues.... as a young teenager I had to stop her from using suicide as an escape out of her problems, probably saw things no young teenager should see, by I understand that people who suffer from schizophrenia have a daily struggle as I saw It infront of my eyes every day with my mum.... I just want you to know that I'm now 26 and my mum is doing alot better... sure she still has her problems but compared to the past, she's better... that's proof that things will get better for you.

Please don't think suicide is an option

bukendaa
17-02-17, 08:30
It's just so hard the screaming in my head hurts. The Drs are perplexed and just throw meds at me. And I go home and my head still hurts.

bingjam
17-02-17, 08:35
Is there a different doctor you could maybe visit?? One who has more understanding?

bukendaa
17-02-17, 08:36
Not really I just miss my old life is all.

bin tenn
17-02-17, 09:14
I'm sure it's difficult to do but it'd be worth accepting that your life has changed, IMO. Accept it, and embrace it. You will be okay. Maybe not right now, but you will be.

swajj
17-02-17, 10:26
The medication should be bringing you relief. If it isn't then perhaps you are on the wrong medication. I have known a couple of people with schizophrenia and they have led happy lives. They hated the fact that they were permanently on medication but in time they came to accept it. In regards to putting you in hospital, sometimes this is necessary so that they can monitor you and work out if your meds need to be changed etc. You need to tell your doctors that you are having thoughts of suicide. Let them help you and then you will be able to get on with living a fulfilling life.

Bigboyuk
17-02-17, 10:36
The medication should be bringing you relief. If it isn't then perhaps you are on the wrong medication. I have known a couple of people with schizophrenia and they have led happy lives. They hated the fact that they were permanently on medication but in time they came to accept it. In regards to putting you in hospital, sometimes this is necessary so that they can monitor you and work out if your meds need to be changed etc. You need to tell your doctors that you are having thoughts of suicide. Let them help you and then you will be able to get on with living a fulfilling life. You make a VERY good point about possibly being on the wrong meds!! I have this friend who has schizophrenia (wether there are variants of this illness or not I don't know) and he has 1 single injection every 2 weeks and he has a full life! Go Figure so to the OP please make your feelings known that the current meds you are on aren't helping you have to SPEAK out my friend if you aren't happy with your treatment say something good luck :) Cheers

swajj
17-02-17, 10:51
Yeah I have heard of the injection. You are right there are different types of schizophrenia. I think part of the problem is that when you get a diagnosis of something like schizophrenia it is overwhelming. A family friend of mine was only 17 when he was diagnosed. He receives the injection. He leads a great life now. The OP needs a lot of support right now and spending some time in hospital would ensure that that support is provided.

Bigboyuk
17-02-17, 11:02
Yeah I have heard of the injection. You are right there are different types of schizophrenia. I think part of the problem is that when you get a diagnosis of something like schizophrenia it is overwhelming. A family friend of mine was only 17 when he was diagnosed. He receives the injection. He leads a great life now. The OP needs a lot of support right now and spending some time in hospital would ensure that that support is provided. So variants may require different meds? The Dr's seem a little confused and keep throwing tabs at the OP this certainly isn't helping one bit neither will being in hospital help, a lot of people actually are now treated in the community which frees up beds for those who really need it. And unless the OP does speak out then nothing will change IMHO! Cheers

swajj
17-02-17, 11:06
I think when you are suicidal you really need it.

Bigboyuk
17-02-17, 11:12
I think when you are suicidal you really need it. Only if they really get to grips with his meds too often (more so years ago if the drs didn't know they would give meds like sweets, hoping it will help but often doesn't) so unless that changes it doesn't matter where the OP is it really doesn't. Cheers

bukendaa
17-02-17, 18:25
I have a kind of severe treatment resestent schizophrenia I've been on most meds. Haloperodol,zyprexa,seroquel,risperdone....none work and the screaming doesn't stop. I can't even watch much t.v. anymore because it's hard to take in. So I have this severe brain illness. And it makes life hard and unejoyble and some of my family makes it worse and think I'm being silly all the time etc. Like I said only in 2016 was I a normal functional guy with a bit of anxeity here and there. Before the SZ I did get highly anxious and delusional

Bigboyuk
17-02-17, 18:48
I have a kind of severe treatment resestent schizophrenia I've been on most meds. Haloperodol,zyprexa,seroquel,risperdone....none work and the screaming doesn't stop. I can't even watch much t.v. anymore because it's hard to take in. So I have this severe brain illness. And it makes life hard and unejoyble and some of my family makes it worse and think I'm being silly all the time etc. Like I said only in 2016 was I a normal functional guy with a bit of anxeity here and there. Before the SZ I did get highly anxious and delusional Mate I feel your pain and I do feel the current meds you are on infact are making you much worse! ahh familys don't get me started on that one. please no more talk about you being silly you aren't silly you are messed up big time though.while I am not a dr you should now demand a complete med review there is a injection that could help you I will ask my friend the name of the med the next time I see him. As simply you cant go on like this and fully understand why you have come up with title for your post, but that is NOT the answer sending you :hugs:please keep us updated mate :)

Toby2000
17-02-17, 23:54
Please don't commit suicide. I was in a similar position to you two years ago, and right now looking back at those health worries, they never happened. They were all in my head. That's what anxiety does to you, it blows things right out of proportion. But the problem that does exist is your depression, and I think you should call a helpline for that. You'll get through it, I promise. :)

bukendaa
18-02-17, 00:58
Hey man no i Dont have just anxeity but a psychotic illness ive had anxeity for years look when i was a member on This site 2008 never been severly mentaly ill each day is torture a human can Only take so much

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

No i have a psychotic illness diagnosed Last year i loved my life bevorens the SZ tool over my brain

Capercrohnj
18-02-17, 01:31
Please don't. I am basically house bound from an illness (Crohn's) and understand the hopelessness. I was physically the best shape of my life and 2 weeks later I was deathly ill. In fact today I found out I am getting a permanent ileostomy. I was very suicidal recently but finally found support.

bukendaa
18-02-17, 01:41
Wow that really speaks to me before I got sick I was got happy and about to take off to university and marry my ex. But I fell You re pain. I'm confined to bed also. I do miss the life I used to have it was awesome.

bin tenn
18-02-17, 02:53
Please don't. I am basically house bound from an illness (Crohn's) and understand the hopelessness. I was physically the best shape of my life and 2 weeks later I was deathly ill. In fact today I found out I am getting a permanent ileostomy. I was very suicidal recently but finally found support.

Wow, really? Sorry it's been such a struggle for you. My gf has Crohn's, but she takes a monthly injection (Cimzia) and has no issues aside from a few fairly rare flare ups. Luckily. I know it can be (and is for many) much worse.

bukendaa, sorry you're still struggling, but it will be okay in the long run. Just hang in there. Stay positive as best as you can.

Miznuvem0412
18-02-17, 03:45
You will get through this we all will . I went through a bad breakup last year in sept of 2016 after 7 years together . Then I got hit with a virus my body seems to still be fighting and now I have bad insomnia /anxiety/depression .

Life has hit me really bad these past few months . There's days that I feel like I can't keep going on like this. However, that's the only thing we can do .

Always remember things will eventually get better. When we're in our most darkest times is when we have to stay positive . That's the only thing we can do .

I know how bad schizophrenia can be and I sympathie with you . However, you're young and really have a life ahead of you . Rememeber this might only be a forum online but we're here for you .

If you would like to talk u can message me . I too miss my life until things hit me hard last year :(

bukendaa
18-02-17, 04:26
I got a horrible virus in September before I got the schizophrenia. Thanks mate. I'm trying but mental illness has taken a lot from me.

Kery
18-02-17, 04:53
Do you think there was some kind of event or something that might've triggered the schizophrenic symptoms? I know it's not the case for everybody but I've read numerous accounts of people experience psychotic symptoms after going through something stressful/traumatic or even recalling something like that from their childhood, and actually recovering after dealing with these events. Either way I wish you the best.

MyNameIsTerry
18-02-17, 04:58
Bukenaa,

I've seen you recently reassuring someone why they don't have Schizophrenia. I'm taking that as a good sign because if you experiencing this current period as an episode of delusion or psychosis, I don't believe you would be spending time like that. And even reading what you are saying here, you come across as reasonable & respectful to others.

I'm wondering if the pain is just overwhelming you right now? If they could keep trying with meds and they did find one that helped you, wouldn't you look back on this and realise how it wasn't the right option?

I know you are worried about being sectioned. I don't know your laws but over here unless someone is a danger to themselves or others, cannot look after themselves physically (hygiene, food, obviously it's more than what many of us go through with anxiety) or are deemed mentally incompetent, etc then sectioning doesn't take place. Even then there are voluntary & compulsory versions and protections in the law to allow a designated person to argue for early release.

So, what if you wouldn't be considered serious enough? What if they just needed to provide a bit more outpatient support right now? Is it really the case you would have to go back in?

If you are totally fed up and struggling to the point of these thoughts but classed as mentally competent and not at risk, then they would be acknowledging it wasn't an episode but someone crying get our for support.

I really do think you need to contact your medical support. They need to look at the meds further and keep trying. Could they prescribe something to balance all this until then?

I really hope you can access the support you need right now without having to go in. But if you need to do you get the help to pull through this current painful point then maybe that's needed?

bukendaa
18-02-17, 05:16
Do you think there was some kind of event or something that might've triggered the schizophrenic symptoms? I know it's not the case for everybody but I've read numerous accounts of people experience psychotic symptoms after going through something stressful/traumatic or even recalling something like that from their childhood, and actually recovering after dealing with these events. Either way I wish you the best.

It really came out of nowhere I had a lot of stress in 2016 by my family.. But I've always been a high functional individual..then at the end of October I had some sleeping troubles and a few delusions I had just got over a month long flu that nearly killed me also and before I knew it I was asking to be taken in to psychiatric care. I've been a member here since 2008 so I've always had anxeity issues but not a illness to this extent. Today's a better day and my head is leaving me alone a little bit. I can't do the things I used to be able to do I was studying information technology and had a high iq. But mental illness in my genes. Most my days now consist of putting my hands to my head in pain taking my prescribed medication and smoking cigarettes. When right now I should be on a university campus and with the girl I planned to marry and start a family.

---------- Post added at 05:16 ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 ----------

Bukenaa,

I've seen you recently reassuring someone why they don't have Schizophrenia. I'm taking that as a good sign because if you experiencing this current period as an episode of delusion or psychosis, I don't believe you would be spending time like that. And even reading what you are saying here, you come across as reasonable & respectful to others.
I'm wondering if the pain is just overwhelming you right now? If they could keep trying with meds and they did find one that helped you, wouldn't you look back on this and realise how it wasn't the right option?

I know you are worried about being sectioned. I don't know your laws but over here unless someone is a danger to themselves or others, cannot look after themselves physically (hygiene, food, obviously it's more than what many of us go through with anxiety) or are deemed mentally incompetent, etc then sectioning doesn't take place. Even then there are voluntary & compulsory versions and protections in the law to allow a designated person to argue for early release.

So, what if you wouldn't be considered serious enough? What if they just needed to provide a bit more outpatient support right now? Is it really the case you would have to go back in?

If you are totally fed up and struggling to the point of these thoughts but classed as mentally competent and not at risk, then they would be acknowledging it wasn't an episode but someone crying get our for support.

I really do think you need to contact your medical support. They need to look at the meds further and keep trying. Could they prescribe something to balance all this until then?

I really hope you can access the support you need right now without having to go in. But if you need to do you get the help to pull through this current painful point then maybe that's needed?

It is overwhelming and I am struggling day to day . I almost was sectioned I was in for a month in my local psych hospital...of they hear of suicidal ideation they will section you so I don't kick up a fuss screaming suicide suicide suicide. My brain might be damaged from this illness but my flight and fight response is still there and panic attacks in a psych ward is horrible.

Bigboyuk
18-02-17, 09:44
Please don't. I am basically house bound from an illness (Crohn's) and understand the hopelessness. I was physically the best shape of my life and 2 weeks later I was deathly ill. In fact today I found out I am getting a permanent ileostomy. I was very suicidal recently but finally found support.What a story, Sorry to hear this I mean we all have our problems, but some just stick out and put's a prospective on my problems, It takes some courage and strength to carry on Thanks for sharing :)

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

bukendaa You say your brain might be damaged from this illness (are we talking about that variant of schizophreania) that's caused possible brain damage, have you had MRI scans etc to either confirm or not confirm either way? And I too don't know if your country has a similar out reach (out patients) support centres as you are still at home so in some ways this is good, do you get any visitors calling to see you? Hang on in there mate we are right here for you :) Cheers