PDA

View Full Version : I went a week without a panic attack

insideout20
17-02-17, 08:49
a whole week and no attack until this morning

I woke up feeling so dizzy about 6.30 I could feel it building up until about 8am when I got on the train and it hit me
I didn't freak out but it was scarey. I thought maybe I was over them

RandomGeeza
17-02-17, 23:11
This happens to me all the time. I can go a few days, or if lucky a few weeks. I am almost lulled into a false sense of remission, when BAM!!!! it hits me and reminds me that it [the panic/anxiety] is still there.

It's like a tease of normality before a reminder of how reality actual is.

insideout20
18-02-17, 08:05
so how do we recover and stop them ? I feel horrific this morning. woke up feeling so dizzy and when I walk I feel like I am drunk. I am sure I have a brain tumor :(

Chris 614
18-02-17, 10:31
I think that we stop them by not buying into the fear they produce. When I let them scare me it just makes it worse and worse. When I let it come and recognize it for what it is...it subsides and I move on. Some days I just feel run down though and the fear seems to grab me. Other days it doesn't. Also, you can't expect your body to be "healed" after a week without a panic attack. You have to give yourself time. I'm a firm believer in Claire Weekes' methods.

And, you don't have a brain tumor. Anxiety and panic will make you feel wobbly.

insideout20
19-02-17, 09:48
I think that we stop them by not buying into the fear they produce. When I let them scare me it just makes it worse and worse. When I let it come and recognize it for what it is...it subsides and I move on. Some days I just feel run down though and the fear seems to grab me. Other days it doesn't. Also, you can't expect your body to be "healed" after a week without a panic attack. You have to give yourself time. I'm a firm believer in Claire Weekes' methods.

And, you don't have a brain tumor. Anxiety and panic will make you feel wobbly.

hi. thanks for your help, it's weird you have so many panic attacks but sometimes the next one feels different and worse than the others.

I hope I don't, I had an eye exam yesterday and all was fine so I would hope they could spot something ?

the main issues I have now is constant dizzy/ swaying feeling and a feeling of weakness in left leg and arm

montys
22-02-17, 09:18
My anxiety/panic is the worst in the morning. I started keeping a glass of water by my bedside, to drink as soon as I get up, in order to hydrate and stave off that wobbly/disoriented feeling. I think it's helping.