PDA

View Full Version : please help yellowy toenails !!!!

Beckie4567
17-02-17, 10:04
Hi I have noticed wen I got out the shower today my toenails are yellowy it only seems to be half way up from top to middle at mo has anyone else had this I'm petrified I've got liver disease or some life threatening condition ?

countrygirl
17-02-17, 11:01
Have you ever worn nail varnish as the pigments can colour the nail for many months after its has been worn. Also nails pick up colour from shoes and hosiery that does not wash off.

I really think the cause is a practical one and nothing to do with health if its only affecting your toenails.

Clydesdale Epona
17-02-17, 11:01
Possibly nail fungus or damaged,
I have two damaged ones that keep dying and growing back.
I'd go to the doctors because if its nail fungus you can get a tablet, I wouldn't be too worried as its likely one of those two things x

All the best :hugs:

Beckie4567
17-02-17, 14:56
Thankyou for peoples replys its just worrying me why there all a yellowy colour not just one ! Wen u google its like liver disease heart problems etc etc.they def wernt that colour before as I wud of noticed and if I had a fungal effection surely it wud just be one nail not all of them ��

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

43 views �� seems its not that common after all ��

PASchoolSyndrome
17-02-17, 14:56
That's why you don't google!

I have yellow toenails too from nail polish. And they've stayed yellow even when not painted for a while!

Beckie4567
17-02-17, 15:06
Thankyou for your reply only I've never painted my nails

Catherine S
17-02-17, 15:11
Ask your doctor Beckie, otherwise you'll have people suggesting that it's probably nothing to worry about, but you'll still worry so why not just ask your doc.

ISB ☺ x

Gary A
17-02-17, 16:04
Thankyou for peoples replys its just worrying me why there all a yellowy colour not just one ! Wen u google its like liver disease heart problems etc etc.they def wernt that colour before as I wud of noticed and if I had a fungal effection surely it wud just be one nail not all of them ��

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

43 views �� seems its not that common after all ��

Why do you always base how common something is on how many views/replies you get? You're just trying to justify this concern.

I literally have no idea why so many people do this type of thing, it utterly baffles me.

PASchoolSyndrome
17-02-17, 18:10
Maybe people don't bother to look/comment because it is so common.

Beckie4567
17-02-17, 20:15
Yeah maybe paschool thankyou

PASchoolSyndrome
17-02-17, 21:59
I definitely wouldn't stress.

If you do continue to stress go see a GP as they'd be the only one to affirmitvely tell you anything - and if it fungus they could help you treat it! But you would be much sicker if it were something like your liver.

Beckie4567
17-02-17, 23:34
Thankyou

GlassPinata
18-02-17, 05:12
Hi I have noticed wen I got out the shower today my toenails are yellowy it only seems to be half way up from top to middle at mo has anyone else had this I'm petrified I've got liver disease or some life threatening condition ?

This may have been mentioned, but if you've ever worn red nail polish.... that will turn your nails yellow permanently, until they grow out.
Smoking, also, will turn your nails yellow.
Luckily for you, whatever you did that turned your nails yellow, you've stopped doing (as evidenced by the fact that only the top portions are yellow, and the new growth is not).
If you had "liver disease" or whatever, i guess you've magically recovered from it.
The top half of your nails is showing what you did six months ago. If the bottom half is normal-colored, I wouldn't worry. You're clearly healthy now.

Best wishes.

MyNameIsTerry
18-02-17, 05:52
How are you getting on, Beckie?

You rarely post now so that suggests a significant improvement to me.

We all get wobbles though, treat them add learning experiences.

Whilst seeing your GP was mentioned, this is likely something you could see the pharmacist about as surgeries now tell people to do this for minor things to free up GP's and this sounds like one of them if it persists? That's even quicker to do.

It's certainly not going to be what you fear, I think you would be feeling pretty ill with that? It could just be something like fungal nail infection, which the pharmacist can advise you how to treat, but see if it's still there in case it's like the nail varnish thing first.

Beckie4567
18-02-17, 11:35
Thankyou for your reply's I'm not doing too bad dont wear nail varnish so its defiantly not that.just very strange still look yellow this morning but only the top half of my nails very odd.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Just always get a worry before I go away that then ruins it �� bloody anxiety

MyNameIsTerry
18-02-17, 11:50
Sounds like anticipatory anxiety then. It will latch onto other worries and intensify them. But the fact you are getting through the rest of the time shows you can do it.

I wonder if you find it reduces once you are away and busy?

Beckie4567
18-02-17, 11:53
It just come to me I had a spray tan about 4 weeks ago cud that be the cause ???

Gary A
18-02-17, 12:10
It just come to me I had a spray tan about 4 weeks ago cud that be the cause ???

Yes, the reason only half of your toenails are coloured is because your nails grow so the tanned part has grown out.

Makes perfect sense.

MyNameIsTerry
18-02-17, 12:16
Yep, very likely. But even at the worst it may just be a fungal infection which just means buying some cream in a pharmacy and treating it for a brief time.

If you weren't already anxious due to your trip, I bet you wouldn't be worrying? After all, you rarely post anymore yet I bet you have had plenty of moments like this with things that you have felt or noticed?

Another win for rationalisation! :yesyes::yahoo: Now try to accept you have found your likely answer, if not you will work it out anyway but it's not an indicator of anything serious, and move your focus to other things or work on reducing the current anticipatory anxiety.

Beckie4567
18-02-17, 13:04
Yes I hope that's the cause it only just came too me I'm hoping to put it to bk of my mind now thankyou