PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate intolerance?!?

BlueEyesShining
17-02-17, 16:44
I have a question.
After almost a year of not eating anything with chocolate in it, I decided to reintroduce it into my diet.
I did not have pure chocolate, but Nutella on bread.
Needless to say, it was pure hell after that. I spent the whole night on the toilet (TMI).
Luckily, the next day everything was ok and I went on with my normal diet (without any chocolate).
I remember that this happened a couple of months ago when I tried to eat chocolate.
But before this, I used to eat it my whole life and I had no problems,
Would it be possible that I can not eat anything with chocolate in it anymore, just because my body isn`t used to it anymore?

Fishmanpa
17-02-17, 16:56
For those with stomach issues, yes, chocolate is an irritant. My wife and I follow the FODMAP diet and avoid chocolate and sugars in general. That being said, for whatever reason I can handle white chocolate in small amounts with no problem :)

Positive thoughts

BlueEyesShining
17-02-17, 17:07
For those with stomach issues, yes, chocolate is an irritant. My wife and I follow the FODMAP diet and avoid chocolate and sugars in general. That being said, for whatever reason I can handle white chocolate in small amounts with no problem :)

Positive thoughts

The problem is, I did not have any issues with it my whole life. I ate A LOT with no problem. I just stopped eating it a year ago. And now this happened.

And I can handle table sugar and all fruits:)

Fishmanpa
20-02-17, 12:20
That's life. It happens. My wife drank milk her whole life and one day a few years ago out of the blue she couldn't handle it. It made her bloated and gave her bowel issues. We switched to almond milk. Problem solved.

Positive thoughts