PDA

View Full Version : Trying to stay calm spasms/flashing pain near bottom of right ribs

Lockey1995
17-02-17, 17:25
Hey,

So I'm trying to remain calm my logical side of my brain is saying muscle spasms/pulled muscle maybe?

Emotional side is saying gallbladder problems/Starr of appendicitis and I'm scared it'll move down later on I read something like that before pain started under ribs but I think that pain may have been constant before it shifted down.

Anyway at work today it just started it's near the bottom of my ribs on the right side it's not at the bottom or under my rib cage it feels like it may be on a rib anyway it's like a flashing pain that comes and goes feel it 5 seconds then it goes it's a dull pain not painful but you can feel it is say 2/10.

I did have heartburn last night and stomachs been icky all day today without going tmi I think maybe some sausage and chips I had last night. I've also had that virus cough that's been going around however it's gone id say although last night I did cough a bit about 5am quite hard but I doubt it's pulled or anything I'm just starting to worry :(

Josh1234
19-02-17, 03:35
You on medication yet?

Gary A
19-02-17, 04:22
Hey,

So I'm trying to remain calm my logical side of my brain is saying muscle spasms/pulled muscle maybe?

Emotional side is saying gallbladder problems/Starr of appendicitis and I'm scared it'll move down later on I read something like that before pain started under ribs but I think that pain may have been constant before it shifted down.

Anyway at work today it just started it's near the bottom of my ribs on the right side it's not at the bottom or under my rib cage it feels like it may be on a rib anyway it's like a flashing pain that comes and goes feel it 5 seconds then it goes it's a dull pain not painful but you can feel it is say 2/10.

I did have heartburn last night and stomachs been icky all day today without going tmi I think maybe some sausage and chips I had last night. I've also had that virus cough that's been going around however it's gone id say although last night I did cough a bit about 5am quite hard but I doubt it's pulled or anything I'm just starting to worry :(

The human body is a living, moving functioning machine that sometimes creaks and grinds.

At some stage you're going to need to learn that small aches and pains are just a part of being human, and not every little twinge requires an explanation.

Sometimes we feel pains. We have muscles, joints, bones, connective tissue and a whole host of other weird and wonderful components that sometimes get a bit achey for no apparent reason.

There really is no reason to treat every twinge and ache as some precursor to some horrific illness. Just chalk it up to being human and try to move on.

Catherine S
19-02-17, 05:18
What Gary said. Exactly that.

ISB :)