PDA

View Full Version : Food poisoning scare. Help Please

Purple_1985
17-02-17, 20:51
Having a totally panic right now. I cooked some turkey thigh mince earlier, it was cooking for a while. Served it with pasta, for myself and my daughter. It tasted nice, but them just as I finished my 2nd serving I realised that some of the larger mince lumps were red inside! I'm having such a panic. I even thought about getting sick to bring it up. My daughter hardly touched her dinner thank god!

The image I have attached is cooked meat mixed with some raw meat. (I put the cooked meat back onto the packaging that had some raw pieces in it, too compare the colour). Yes I know it's weird, but my anxiety got me so stressed about it.

Scared myself or daughter gets some big food poisoning or die

ServerError
17-02-17, 21:09
It's true that poultry should be cooked through, but I'm sure we've all accidentally undercooked some chicken or turkey at some point. I know I have. The chances of anything happening are very low. Obviously, if you start to notice yourself feeling unwell, seek medical advice. But I'm sure you'll be fine. Put it out of your mind.

PASchoolSyndrome
17-02-17, 21:39
As far as under cooked goes, I would hardly consider that to be an issue.

Drink plenty of fluids and get it out of your mind!

CeeCeeCee
17-02-17, 23:43
I use minced turkey all the time. I never really loses its pink colour, I always add beef stock cubes to do just that otherwise it looks anemic. It was probably cooked ok, turkey thigh is usually very pink. Hope this helps :-)

Clydesdale Epona
18-02-17, 00:37
I'm sure its fine,
Just drink plenty of fluids and try to stay calm, seek medical advice if you start feeling extremely unwell but I don't think that's likely and not life threatening x

All the best :hugs:

GlassPinata
18-02-17, 02:15
At worst, you're looking at salmonella. That is the worst thing you can get from undercooked poultry.
Nobody dies of salmonella. You'll have diarrhea and maybe vomiting for a couple of days, at worst.

The really SERIOUS type of food poisoning is e. coli, and you only get that from undercooked beef.

You'll be okay. :hugs:

Purple_1985
18-02-17, 05:58
Thank you guys. Just as I was feeling okay about this I get hit in the temple. Have put up another post!

Thank you for all your replies. Really appreciate it.