PDA

View Full Version : a kind of Warning!!

JulieJay92
17-02-17, 22:15
avoid omeprazole for indigestion, ive been on them 5 year and doc today said it is what is causing low potassium low magnesium and high blood pressure so back on monday to get ranitidine

Clydesdale Epona
18-02-17, 00:22
Thanks for the tip x
I'm still on omeprazole but haven't taken any for about a month because I don't see much of a difference with my silent reflux :roflmao:

All the best :hugs:

Magic
18-02-17, 17:39
I have been taking esomeprazole for about four months for acid reflux. The ranitidine tablets I was given before were not working.
I hope I can have bloods checked in the near future. Thank you leiajulie.

JulieJay92
19-02-17, 07:55
no worrries aiden & magic - im getting bloods done again in 10 days after ive been on ranitidine 2 weeks so will keep you all posted.

Low magnesium apparently isnt a concern as nurse said 99% of the populoation have this and go undiagnosed!!

Omeprazole were a life saver for me as gaviscon and nexium had no effect so i have been heartburn & indigestion free for 4 years approx

JulieJay92
22-02-17, 10:22
after consultation with doc yesterday he has said i am better to start omeprazole again so as of this morning i have, touch wood no acid or heartburn yet

Magic
22-02-17, 16:15
They have been a godsend to me, I don't know when I will have a blood test GP never said to have one after taking omeprazole. Hope you go on ok leiajulie .