PDA

View Full Version : DVT/Blood Clot Anxiety

MaPawlys96
18-02-17, 03:48
I've had this constant worry for the past 3 weeks now over having a DVT in my calf. I had soreness in my calf for a couple days so I went to get an ultrasound for a DVT which came up as negative. It's been two weeks since then but my calf is still feeling sore. I wouldn't necessarily describe it as pain but it just feels sore. There's zero pain when I'm walking, I usually only feel anything when I'm sitting down. I'm not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me or if I actually have something going on. I have no swelling and my calf isn't tender to touch whatsoever. All I feel are these little pinching feelings from my achilles to my calf.

SamanthaAU
18-02-17, 09:35
If you've had a Doppler and it was fine - guess what? You definitely don't have one :)

The more you worry about something the worse it feels. Especially if you are tense you may be tensing it up sub consciously.

I had a blood clot in my arm, my dad has had two dvt's in his calves and you can tell if you have one. Try to stop worrying, you've been given the all clear!