PDA

View Full Version : Managing my anxiety/physical symptons now more a less all checks are done.

D Ray Morton
18-02-17, 13:17
Hey guys.

I posted about the constant numb hands, legs, burning sensations in foot/leg and heavy legs and muscles down there. All checks were done and im awaiting on bloods(as uve had lack of b12 before) and touch wood will come back fine.

Meaning these sensations are 100% caused by anxiety, the reason I was a little concerned in regards to my usual panic/anxiety symptoms ive never experience this before and not on constant day to day basis.

Has anyone who has had similar any tips to dealing with these or making them go away in time?( i know its not just flicking a switch) these are constantly here not just in time of high anxiety or panic attacks. Which is frustrating as the rest of me feels fine.

Dave1
18-02-17, 18:34
Hi D,
I've now got a permanent slight feeling of numbness. So don't breathe shallowly and tensely like me but always keep reminding yourself to breathe properly - slowly from the diaphragm.

GlassPinata
18-02-17, 18:39
Hey guys.

I posted about the constant numb hands, legs, burning sensations in foot/leg and heavy legs and muscles down there. All checks were done and im awaiting on bloods(as uve had lack of b12 before) and touch wood will come back fine.

Meaning these sensations are 100% caused by anxiety, the reason I was a little concerned in regards to my usual panic/anxiety symptoms ive never experience this before and not on constant day to day basis.

Has anyone who has had similar any tips to dealing with these or making them go away in time?( i know its not just flicking a switch) these are constantly here not just in time of high anxiety or panic attacks. Which is frustrating as the rest of me feels fine.

I have lots of physical symptoms, from numbness to heart palps.
The fact that they go away when I'm not anxious or when I'm distracted tells me they are caused by anxiety.
That is the only comfort I have; being uninsured, I cannot currently see a doctor. Trying to work through my anxiety on my own, using internet resources.
I know from experience that the physical symptoms produced by anxiety can feel very real indeed!

best wishes.

D Ray Morton
18-02-17, 23:41
Thanks dave that breathing tip is quite important. Maybe I arent doing this tbh.

And yes pinata, its bloody hard at times. Stick in there mate