PDA

View Full Version : New to No More Panic and need help/support

Funkyfireplace
18-02-17, 20:36
Hi all. I'm new to No More Panic. I'm hoping that the website and forum will help me. To be honest I'm at rock bottom at the moment. My anxiety started approximatley 10 years ago in the form of health anxiety. I had a rought ride with it and it contributed to the breakdown of my previous marriage. I blame myself for this. I remarried last year to a wonderful women who I adore but we have recently hit a rocky patch. My anxiety has come back quite severely over the last few months mainly due to the stress of my previous job. I had a bit of a breakdown over xmas 2016. I have found a new job and have kind of come out the otherside. However my wife has just told me that she wants to call it a day when her son finishes his GCSE's in 2018 and that she will be moving back to Manchester. To say I was devasted to hear this was an understatement. She suffers from anxiety herself and I know I have not been easy to deal with during the past few months. Just as i thought I was starting to feel better this hammer blow hits and i feel entirely responsible. I am on anti depressants and I am reciving councilling which I feel is helping. I don't want to loose my wife. She has said she is willing to work at things over next 12 months but I've convinced myself that she has already made her mind up. I feel lonely, isolated overcome most days woth a sense of utter dread and panic as to what the future may hold. I start my new job in a week and I need to be firing on all cylinders with it to make it work. I don't feel ready.
Any help/advice from anyone who has been through something similar much appreciated. Thankyou

up a ladder
18-02-17, 21:07
Hi.
Sounds like you have your hands full. If your current wife is saying she is open to talk about it, I would start there and see if it is due to something you can work out. If you can get that element sorted, hopefully the work situation can be less of a concern to you.
Definitely talk to her before you make the assumption it is over.
I wish you luck

Funkyfireplace
18-02-17, 22:13
Hi. Thankyou for the advice. It's greatly appreciated. At the moment she just wants time and space. She wanta us to sleep in seperate rooms which I'm really struggling with but I guess I have to accept that and go with it.
It's really hard. I just want to hold her and make things better as odd as that sounds.

Funkyfireplace
19-02-17, 04:49
Thankyou. Very helpful.

beatroon
19-02-17, 16:35
I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. It sounds very stressful and upsetting and I'm not surprised you are feeling miserable.

I agree that talking to your wife would be a good option. If she has said she is willing to try a bit harder then that is a good place to start. Could you get a few days away together, or even just go out for a meal, once you've started your new job? It can be really difficult to stay connected as a couple in these hectic days, especially when there's anxiety in the mix, so perhaps the two of you would benefit from some close-time.

Good luck!

Funkyfireplace
19-02-17, 18:27
That makes sense. The last thing I want is to loose her. At the moment its a case of time and space for her. Sleeping in seperate bedrooms is really hard. After I've started my new job I'll suggest we go out together for a meal. Thankyou for the advice, I'm very grateful.