PDA

View Full Version : A question, but not sure I want an answer

up a ladder
18-02-17, 20:46
I have been in a relapse of depression due mainly to making a rather large number of mistakes and getting daily public rollockings at work. I was just too busy to focus. Anyway, the depression and anxiety have actually got worse and reached my lowest point ever over the last 3 days.
I was at A&E this morning hoping to be admitted (no chance) and instead was give a few diazapam. I took one at 11 today and slept and woke feeling no better really, but kept myself busy and really started to feel a whole lot better. I even ate a full meal, and I have eaten virtually nothing for the last 3 days. I actually feel okay now, my legs are doing "river dance" and I feel quite calm.
Could this be positive or is it a false high?

Panicer
18-02-17, 21:03
Hi up a ladder

Really sorry to hear you were feeling so down. I'd say feeling better now is definitely a positive thing! No food and probably not a lot of decent sleep for 3 days is really hard going! Well done for getting over your blip and onwards and upwards :D

beatroon
20-02-17, 15:21
Feeling better is ALWAYS a positive thing - don't question it! Just keep on keeping on. It's great that you were able to eat something and have some sleep, and the keeping busy strategy is also working for you, which is great. It just goes to show that you have the tools to get better - first you sought out appropriate care, and then you did some good self-care at home. You are so much more capable than you imagine! When you're feeling better for a bit longer, you can investigate the roots of why you're feeling blue, but for now, just take it easy.

Good luck!