PDA

View Full Version : More fun in the arcade!

EebyJeeby
20-04-07, 00:33
There has been some discussion lately about high scores in the arcade. In the name of sportsmanship, it has been proposed that we should reset the high scores periodically. The idea is to allow everyone new opportunities to gain a high score and get on the leaderboard (even if it's not for long!).

What say you?

LadyBug
20-04-07, 01:48
I vote for 6 months....that way it gives some of us losers a chance to be on the top....even if it is for a minute....that would be a minute of GLORY!!!! :) Come on ya'll it'll be fun!!

manmoor
20-04-07, 08:41
I think it would be a good idea resetting the high scores as it gives everybody a chance xxx

shoegal
20-04-07, 10:31
Good idea, but perhaps weekly or monthly would be better? :shrug:

Would it mean all the scores would be wiped completely?

Perhaps we could keep a table of the highest scores ever achieved or all the weekly winners could go on a winners board with the highest scores ever or something??? Seems a shame to wipe away the really high scores forever. Just a thought.

Love and hugs shoegal xxx

jodie
20-04-07, 14:14
hi all

i didnt vote as i think this is mad i mean we come on nmp cos we have anxiety pa,s ect the games are just a bit of fun arnt they who cares if your name isent on the high scores lol mabe it is just me lol cos i am not that good at them :shrug: :blush:

jodie xx

EebyJeeby
20-04-07, 19:04
Lol jodie, well it is for fun and distraction but lots of people like to have their 15 mins of fame in the arcade.

Many of these games take commitment, strategy and a lot of concentration to win.

Let's face it - any achievement, however small, is to be celebrated. Yay!

Eeb x

Krakers
20-04-07, 20:29
It is a bit of fun, you're right. But for us insomniacs, trying to get that little higher in the score board at 4am when everyone is tucked up in bed has helped me keep my sanity.

Just to throw a spanner in the works I'd suggest every 3 months. Give some people chance to revel in their glory, then the race begins again :)

Krakers.

Insomniac
21-04-07, 22:26
Could be a good idea. Once a month might be OK, as folk still get their moment of fame, but gives those less nimble fingered a chance too. And you could soon get back up there if you play often enough! lol

nomorepanic
27-04-07, 22:50
I will reset the high scores on 1st may so we start again. That will be approx 3 months from when we started the games off.

nomorepanic
02-05-07, 21:13
Ok reset today so let the competition begin again!!!!

Happy playing.

Alabasterlyn
03-05-07, 09:21
I think it's a good idea to reset the scores as some of them are so very high those of us that aren't so good at them stand no chance :blush:

nomorepanic
30-08-07, 22:58
Ok the time has come again!

We decided to reset scores every 3 months and that time is here.:yesyes:

I will remove a few games that are pointless - like simon and a few others unless I get a good case for keeping them.

So last chance for fame until I reset them.

Any objections then post now !

CliveL
30-08-07, 23:02
Why not request a change to show todays highest score as well!

nomorepanic
30-08-07, 23:08
Bookworm and indiana jones will go too.

nomorepanic
30-08-07, 23:09
They are already there under "newest champions"

nomorepanic
30-08-07, 23:20
Please note that this forum is not for game users only - it is for ACTIVE members of NMP

If you want to just play games then go to ...

http://www.ibpdownloads.com/ipb/index.php

Users just playing games on here will be removed if they are not active forum members as well (unless pre-agreed with me).

nomorepanic
06-09-07, 19:52
Scores reset - let the battle commence!

angiebaby
06-09-07, 19:58
oh, i like indiana jones nmp, bookworm is good too.

angiebaby
06-09-07, 20:01
oh and where has my alex gone? The only two games that i was good at have disappeared now.

nomorepanic
06-09-07, 20:10
bookworm was silly cos you could never lose at it lol. The other word game is very similar and better.

sorry i didn't mean to remove alex - will add that back !

nomorepanic
06-09-07, 20:17
Added a new Tower defense game - let me know if you prefer that one to the existing one.

Added a piggy game.

nomorepanic
13-01-08, 18:50
Ok the time has come again - we did agree to do this every few months and I last did it in September 2007.

It gives everyone a chance to get on the leaderboard again and is not in any way personal to the high scorers.:yesyes:

Any objections again?

Richie
13-01-08, 19:49
thanks Nicola for the games arcade anyway when i feeling well enough i sometimes play on the games.
the cofee breaker one is my favourite at moment, prob cause i don't have to think too much lol
Richie x

shoegal
13-01-08, 20:17
LOL Nic! Ben29 just spent all weekend (literally) getting on the leaderboard. LMAO!!!

Love shoegal xxx

anxious
14-01-08, 20:40
so when are you resetting them ??
I'm determinded to get (&keep:D ) a highscore next time,

anx x

nomorepanic
16-01-08, 16:05
Ok I will do this later tonight so let the battle commence again!

judipat
16-01-08, 20:09
Great idea nic - i love playing the games.

Judi

nomorepanic
16-01-08, 20:17
Sorry about your high score Judi lol

anxious
18-06-08, 14:49
Are you planning on re setting the scoreboards again yet nic?

Krakers
18-06-08, 17:57
I'd be happy with no reset. At the moment I don't feel compelled to play, but once you reset its like opening a packet of Pringles. I just won't be able to stop till I'm at the top !

Krakers.

nomorepanic
18-06-08, 18:38
Are you planning on re setting the scoreboards again yet nic?

I hadn't really thought about it.

It can upset people when I do so I am happy either way.

Please feel free to comment

samc100
18-06-08, 19:51
I'd like a reset - just so I could be the 1st on a game and be the top scorer for just 25 seconds !!!

I get abit disheartened to see scores that are miles from anything I could achieve. But if changed on a monthly basis I just feel we could all have a bash at being the best !!

You could keep tournament wins logged couldn't you ? So if you were top every month you'd get lots of logged wins?

nomorepanic
23-06-08, 15:28
I will reset the games high scores later so the battle can commence all over again!

nomorepanic
10-12-08, 20:24
Will do a reset again this week so the battle can commence over Xmas again!